Sign in to follow this  

front brake lever

Hey guys. I have been on a quest to alleviate the squishiness that I have been feeling at my front brake lever. I took the lock nut off of the screw on the lever to get closer to the plunger on the reservoir and the lever has a tighter feel now. I am basically half the width of that nut closer. Just wondering if anyone has gone that route before spending money. I just put EBC pads on and they feel pretty good but I don't think I want to spend 30 on pads again. Oh well. I haven't said hello in a while so Hope all you guys are doing well and enjoying the season!!! :banghead:

Mike, where have you been? I just picked up an 05 leftover, dirt cheap.

Stock pads seem to work the best on the front. Have you tried installing a zip-ty on the front brake lever and leaving it overnight?

Hey Fred. I have been busy getting settled in at the new crib. Definately excited to be back on here more frequently. The zip tie definately helped me out and your right about the stockers. OEM from now on for me. Good nab on the 05. I wish I could buy another and save it until I am ready to upgrade next year. Keep me posted if you need anything for it. :banghead:

What exactly have you done. I have the front brake on my 05 250r. Its now spongy, it just isn't very smooth. I rode a ktm the other day and was amazed at the front brake. It was super smooth, and just worked awesome.

Please keep in mind that I zip tied the lever for a full day and then proceeded to bleed the front brake and put fresh honda fluid in.

My speed has been improving and I have been squeezing pretty hard on the front so I took off the rubber boot on the lever and backed out the bolt that pushes the plunger on the master cylinder. I then removed the lock nut and threaded the bolt back in until I had the feel that I wanted at the lever.

CAREFUL: You still need some freeplay. I only went a few mm closer ( but that was the difference by taking out that nut) and I am going to have to go easy tomorrow until I get used to it. A little bit made the pull very short. I like the front brakes touchy rather than squishy and I don't have the cash for a larger rotor.

Just wanted to see who else did this and if it is a good idea. What can I say I missed you guys :banghead: