Sign in to follow this  

Whats ypur favorite MAG?

Hey guys, i'm getting a magazine subscription for my step-brother as a gift. He wants to get into dirtbiking (as an off-road rider). As well, i just got off 4-wheels and onto 2. Im woods riding right now, but plan to do some mx next season. So i'm wondering what mag you guys think is the best? I read most all of them at the book store but its beena while. Transworld and racer x seem a bit to over advertised. more ads than articles. but i love and subscrive to road racer x. I liked this magazine "dirt bike magazine". it seemed to talk a good deal about off-road and enduros, as well as a good portion of MX. but i only read one issue and wasn't sure if it was consistently off-road. dirt rider seems good, but i jsut dont know.

So any input would help me alot.

Dirt Rider is about the same as Dirt bike, but not as good IMO. I like Dirtbike the best and they have the best mix of MX and enduro tests.

I like dirt rider better. As a purley offroad rider, I think it is better than Dirt Bike Mag.

Motocross action does a lot of "pro bike" tests. I like it more than dirt rider, but I'm an MX guy.

Motocross action does a lot of "pro bike" tests. I like it more than dirt rider, but I'm an MX guy.
My only problem with MXA (aside form Jody being incredibly bitter), is the way they conduct their "pro bike" tests. I was reading an issue three or four years ago that had a test of, I think, Scott Sheak's CR125 with the jist of the article being, "once we changed his FMF pipe to a Pro Circuit pipe, we couldn't tear ourselves off the bike!" What? How is it a test of a pro's bike if they're swapping out parts?

Dirt Bike for all around coverage. GNCC, mx etc. it's all there. Hell they just did some great write-ups on the XR650R, you never see that.

I agree with most everyone else.....Dirt Bike for off-road riders. :banghead:

Dirt Rider is good too, but contains too much MX for my tastes.

If anything, Racer X, is alot more reading material than ads compared to any other magazine out there. Transworld is good too, but Racer X is just a good tell it like it is magazine.

The other Moto-mags are just ads and who cares what they think of any product out there.

Racer X has the best race coverage...period.

i think i'll go for dirt bike then. i liked their issue, i just wanted to make sure they were always that good. thanks guys.

Racer X has the best race coverage...period.

Who wants to read about a race 3 weeks after the fact. :banghead:

especially since most of them are televised.