Sign in to follow this  

Kenda Tires

Anyone use Kenda tires for hare scrambles? I need new tires and have heard everything about dunlop, mich, brigdestone and maxxis, but wanted some info on these. I was thinking about getting the Millville series and was wondering about how well they hook up and how well they wear.

I just came off a rear Millville. Hooked up well and turned nicely. But its definitely a soft terrain tire. I race in the rocks and sand of Nevada, and after a 90 mile race the knobbies were already chunking. Two more play rides and it looked like a racing slick. But if you ride in more normal conditions , I imagine it will last longer.

Jerry

I'm running the millvilles on my bike, well the front anyway. I ride in some pretty rock terrain and have had absolutely no chunking with the millville front. I have a millville back but haven't mounted it yet. Also I'm running mine on the intermediate direction. Theses tires are either intermediate or soft depending on the direction they are mounted. I give them a thumbs up so far.

I just came off a rear Millville. Hooked up well and turned nicely. But its definitely a soft terrain tire. I race in the rocks and sand of Nevada, and after a 90 mile race the knobbies were already chunking. Two more play rides and it looked like a racing slick.

hey jerry, what up? i have millvilles on my 250sx right now. it worked ok in idaho, and also at the panaca mrann race this spring, but it wears faster than a maxxis for sure. a little more open tread pattern than the maxxis too. i haven't been all that thrilled with the millville front or rear. i like the southwick better for soft stuff and the maxxis IT better for normal dez stuff.

and of course dwight will recommend some pirelli tires that are much better than all of the above, heh heh.

i ran trelleborgs for the first time and am sincerely impressed by them. they last and last...

like 12 3hr rides and one hare scramble and the edges are juuuuust starting to round. after the next hare scramble i'll flip it.

however- for the price you can get Maxxis.. you can get two sets of Maxxis for the price of one Trelleborg set. and they are proving to last pretty good on my buddy's bike.

just my $.02..... i know you asked about Kenda- which my post doesnt address at all- but if you're looking for a "different" brand (not Dunlop, Mich, etc), you may want to consider Trelleborg. the're distributed by WER and no, i dont work for them,

I ran a Carlsbad in a lot of rocky terrain and it held up very nicely. Even worked okay in mud.

A buddy of mine was running the carlsbad in moab and really liked it, and he is VERY picky about his bike

I run kenda Millvilles front and rear in hare scrambles and enduros here in Texas. We have a little bit of every type of terrain here and I prefer these tires over the more expensive tires. I can get a whole season out of a front tire and about 8-10 races ( enduro) out of a rear. Excellent traction and wear as far as I'm concered.

5 rides on Millvilles and its chunking real bad and wore down alot...but thats on a 450... 250 should be alot better

i ride a pumped yz426f and i started running the irc volcenduro i think that it is a better tire than the kenda they hook up good and wear really good and if u buy online there pretty cheap i got 400 miles on mine and its got good tread on it still got it for 42.00 bucks off www.rockymountianatv.com dont remember wat the shiping was but it wasent that much

I have a Kenda Millville on right now, hooks up extremely well, that's what I love about Kenda's but they don't really last that long. It's a soft terrain tire and I usually always ride on hard stuff, like pavement, gravel, rocks, hard pack dirt.

If I was made of money I would buy Kenda's all the time. The Carlsbad I had on before held up really well also. I'd recommend that tire for any hard terrain.

I finally put on my rear Millville last week and rode all weekend at Turkey Bay in Kentucky. I have to say that it held up well and hooked up great, no chunking at all. I have it mounted the intermediate direction. Turkey Bay is pretty much all hills every where and is very rocky and rooty. I've got about 4 rides on the Millville front now and still no signs of excessive wear and no chunking. I'm very happy with these tire for wear, traction, and price.

i had a millville front tat had very uneven wear,

some parts wore more than other parts tat made my bike hop

while riding on the pavement from one riding area to another,

i dont noe y?

i have a carlbag rear now tat is hooking up very well,

:banghead:

i had a millville front tat had very uneven wear,

some parts wore more than other parts tat made my bike hop

while riding on the pavement from one riding area to another,

i dont noe y?

i have a carlbag rear now tat is hooking up very well,

What?

ya,

the front millvile wear was very funny,

it didnt made the tyre round any more,

in the dirt, i didint notice anything,

on the road, i was like riding the wave,

but still kenda is value for money,

Replaced stock D928 rear with a Millville about 300 miles ago and am absolutely wrapped with it. :banghead: I'm riding mainly in intermediate terrain so have it mounted as such. It is showing about 35% wear to date with no chunking at all. It hooks up really well compared to the Dunlop and inspires confidence in controlled slides. Give 'em a go I don't think you'll be disappointed and let's face it - the price is right. :banghead:

The Millville tire is an excellent low price tire. I ride in softer ground in far northern California using a rear Millvill on both an old 1980 IT 250 and an 03' WR 450. They handle very well but wear a liitle fast especially in rocky terrain on a large bike.