Sign in to follow this  

how do you get the bearing out of the cam.

Im looking to re grease the bearing on my cam. I cant seem to get it out. I Have been using a punch with no luck. my buddy told me to use a bench grinder but that makes no sence and dont want to ruin my cam. Any suggestion would be helpful!!!

And all this time I thought the best question ever to be asked was " What oil should I run in my CRF. That doesn't even come close to "What kind of grease should I pack my cam bearing with? :banghead:

That bearing is cosmetic ONLY, its purpose is to look good and thats it. I heard that its a solid 2 hp gain, (due to less weight in the valve train) if you just remove the entire bearing and run it that way.............

just take the grease gun pack the grease with some sand and pump it a few times into the bearing, that's all you need too put in..Don't forget too put your pink power band back in, if u forget your motor will be trashed... :banghead:

just take the grease gun pack the grease with some sand and pump it a few times into the bearing, that's all you need too put in..Don't forget too put your pink power band back in, if u forget your motor will be trashed... :banghead:

Uh-oh. My powerband is bright red. I thought pink was the powerband color for San Francisco CRFs... :applause: