Sign in to follow this  

Carb Vent Hose Location? Help please.

I just fixed the choke valve on my sons TTR and noticed the fuel vent line wasn't hooked up on one end. It is the line off the Tee fitting on the right side of the carb. The forward end of the line has an angled cut on it. This leads me to believe it does not hook to anything. Could someone check and see where it secures? I wedged it under a tiewrap, but it is facing up and I am afraid it will get filled with junk. A picture would be great, but I think it is hidden by the gas tank. Thanks, as I just did lots of searching here, and found nothing.

did you check in the oners manual...dont know if they would have it in there or not...if your worried about dirt getin in it tape it off or something???

did you check in the oners manual...dont know if they would have it in there or not...if your worried about dirt getin in it tape it off or something???

I checked the owners manual, and nothing was there. Wouldn't taping it off defeat the purpose for a vent? Thanks anyhow.

Anybody checked their bike yet to help a guy out? Please! This is for my son's bike and we are going riding Sunday (as usual). :banghead:

Not to worry; that forward end of the vent hose just goes into a hole on the right side of the upper frame tube. Remove the tank, shove it back in there and you're done.

I don't think it connects to anything... I'll try to get outside in a few min and take the seat and tank off to look. You got me curious to where it goes now :banghead:

Ok just checked. Mine is up more under the tank. I also have it lightly ziptied up there along with all of the wires.:thumpsup:

Not to worry; that forward end of the vent hose just goes into a hole on the right side of the upper frame tube. Remove the tank, shove it back in there and you're done.

Take my word guys, I pull this tube all the time. :banghead:

Take my word guys, I pull this tube all the time. :banghead:

Why should I take your word :applause:

I checked the owners manual, and nothing was there. Wouldn't taping it off defeat the purpose for a vent? Thanks anyhow.

i was meaning temporally...it has one that goes toward the back also so its not like it wouldnt work at all

You shouldn't. Keep searching for your answer. :banghead:

What answer ? :applause: Ya anyways, were you the one that said there is a slot to stick it in under the tank?