Sign in to follow this  

Off road lights and Black fender

I was checking out some night race pictures and most of the guy's had the gnarly off road light/lights:thumbsup: with a black fender...what's up with the black fender :banghead: are they doing it to be cute or does it really help with the reflection of the light.

Thanks, Eddie

I noticed that on the Honda A team ride in Dust to Glory, a dulled black front fender, it's to reduce the glare off the fender.

When I started riding a lot at night with a white fender the glare was terrible. I painted the top area in front of the light flat black and it made a big difference. Now my fender is red but still the same problem so it is also black on top.

I was checking out some night race pictures and most of the guy's had the gnarly off road light/lights:thumbsup: with a black fender...what's up with the black fender :banghead: are they doing it to be cute or does it really help with the reflection of the light.

Thanks, Eddie

It's for reflection. If you put a piece of neoprene or heavy black cloth on the reflective surface of your fender (stand up in the saddle with a good light and it'll get old REAL fast!) does the same thing, but is not as noticable.

It took 2 trips in the desert at night to put blackout on my yellow fender, Bleah! :applause: If you put neoprene on it you can bungee neccessities to the fender. I always carried a Maglight on mine in case I had to work on my bike or grab a rattlesnake.