Sign in to follow this  

newbie seeks wise council about knockoffs :)

I've been lurking around these boards and quite a few others for a while trying to get as much knowledge as I can about pitbikes. It would be awesome to have the money and expertise to build up a honda or kawasaki mini but I have neither...

Instead I'm looking at the imported "knockoffs" that abound these days. There so many out there, but I'm wondering if some of you more experienced guys have seen a few models that I've been looking at. I know that looks and performance don't always match, but here are a few examples for you guys to take a look at and tell me if you know anything about these actual bikes.

http://vip.moto8.com/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=42&ID=59552

sorry it's in chinese... looks like the fork is adjustable. colors are odd but that's ok to me...

http://www.exportscooter.com/gasscooter-GS125MB.htm

thumpstar

http://www.exportscooter.com/gasscooter-GS125MB-A.htm

pitSTAR

Thank you if you have any information for me. I'd really appreciate some so that I can make a good decision about what to buy. Buy the way, I can't buy a pitster/sikk/honda/kawi...anything... the only thing that's available around here are "knockoffs" :banghead:

hey ive been around 50s for awhile now all i can say is buy a SDG or a knockoff of one coz they are the only ones i seen that havent F@#* up.. and yea the thumper star are realy good as well they havent had any thing go wrong with in Australia and my mate has one and loves it and nothens gone wrong with it as well!!

It doesn't really matter if they are available around you, they ship em. While I don't have to much experience with pit bikes, it seems that the "sikk" bike is solid. My buddy just got one and has put a lot of hours on it in a short time and it has held up well and has descent performance.

your doomed!

talk about the eye of the storm.

This guy is from China, he can get what ever he wants what are you talking about?

go with the pitster if ur getting a "knockoff" stay away from the SDG hard to get parts.. bad customer service!! other than that the other top "knockoff" (crII, thumpstar, pitster pro) companies are good!! but u are in china so u have the workld of knockoffs at ur hand!!! have fun with that!!!

hey ive been around 50s for awhile now all i can say is buy a SDG or a knockoff of one coz they are the only ones i seen that havent F@#* up.. and yea the thumper star are realy good as well they havent had any thing go wrong with in Australia and my mate has one and loves it and nothens gone wrong with it as well!!

are u sure uve been around 50's for awhile? i think most sdg's have or had problems ( i know from experience, and like 100 others guys i talked to)...the company even admitted that the motors were jacked up, trannys blowing up, kick starter mechanism breaking, shifting problems etc...i used to own a sdg motor...ya the other parts of the bike are ok, but the motor sucked, sdg has horrible customer service and u cant find parts at all, the yare the biggest jerks ive talked to there wherehouse is like 10 mins from my house...i mean if ur gunna get a knock off at least go with a xtreme crII or III, pitster or a thump cuz they acually have guys who can get u parts..

i think we should ban people from talking about sdgs haha

This guy is from China, he can get what ever he wants what are you talking about?

so your saying you didnt desighn or test your bikes and anyone can buy them off the :banghead: street!?

all i gotta say is

have you seen the tracks these compainies test the bikes on!? might as well moto a sidewalk

are u sure uve been around 50's for awhile? i think most sdg's have or had problems ( i know from experience, and like 100 others guys i talked to)...the company even admitted that the motors were jacked up, trannys blowing up, kick starter mechanism breaking, shifting problems etc...i used to own a sdg motor...ya the other parts of the bike are ok, but the motor sucked, sdg has horrible customer service and u cant find parts at all, the yare the biggest jerks ive talked to there wherehouse is like 10 mins from my house...i mean if ur gunna get a knock off at least go with a xtreme crII or III, pitster or a thump cuz they acually have guys who can get u parts..

i think we should ban people from talking about sdgs haha

yea i understand that they have been shit but iam saying there is a few knockoffs that have fixed there problems with them.. like ciniworks and moto vert.. ive been riding 50s for about 2 years with my mates

i have an ssr-125 bike, not the PF model, the regular model.... yesterday I was clearing 40 foot tabletop jumps with mine in stock form. No breaks, no bends, no problems period.

I spent $950 on it, but i bought a whole bunch at once to get a good price and I resold them on my own (i bought 15 bikes)... It's amazing fun and it's quite an impressive machine.

i been riding pitbikes for about 3 years now and i know about 7 people how bought eather sdg, skyteam, extream, all those kinda knock off and they just shit the bed the 1st day they bought them

i would never think of buying a knock off all they do is break

you so much better off with buy a 50 or a 110 they might now be as fast but u can go on a ride and not having to worry about there bikes blowing up if you jump off a curb

so your saying you didnt desighn or test your bikes and anyone can buy them off the :banghead: street!?

all i gotta say is

have you seen the tracks these compainies test the bikes on!? might as well moto a sidewalk

NO THAT IS NOT WHAT I'M SAYING, but thank you for putting words in my mouth and twisting what I said, You seem to be good at that.

Why do you care so much, you hate knock offs?