Sign in to follow this  

crf450x updates

Im planning on getting a honda crf450x,and i want the x to have the same power as the r.Can you guys please list all the mods available to make it run like a honda crf450r or even faster than the r model.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP. : :banghead:

Not trying to be a jerk but this has been answered many times. Use the search function, read a few threads, then ask some questions. BTW: The search button is located at the top of the page.

Anyway, it is heavier than the R so you can drive it off a cliff and it might go faster.

a high performance cam would really help make up some of the ground, after that the question is how much do you want it to be like the R model? Or is a better question for you how do you get the R model like the X?

I'm guessing you want an X to be like a R for green sticker reason other wise buy the R it is cheapier. But all the info you need is in the parts department of the dealer. There is a kit. Honda Wrench like the guy said.

includes stuff like R cam, R head pipe, and main jet. With instructions for other little stuff.

Anyway, it is heavier than the R so you can drive it off a cliff and it might go faster.

I'm pretty sure it was Newton or somebody that proved that two different weight objects fall at the same speed. :banghead:

Ok do the wrench report first, then not enough buy "R" stuff ebay, then your have your "R". Then stage 2 cam, 488 kit, the list of drugs go on and on...power junkies we are !!!!

My advice would be to first ride it, find it's deficiency's and than go from there. For me the X power is very good but it really needed carb jetting to get better throttle response. Jetting defiantly increased the power as well.

Secondly I felt the suspension needed to be tuned to my weight. Honda also fell short on engine / radiator protection so I had to purchase a skid plate & rad guards. { I suppose all manufactures fall short here}

I think I will be upgrading to a steering damper as I believe it could potentially save my ass from a wipeout. Than I might concider a rekluse clutch as well. At some point inbetween I'll need new shoes and will have to replace my piston assembly and upgrade my valves while I'm there.

So if you have a lot of $ to concider additional performance mods than sure why not, but it's my opinion that this is a good plan of action.

[naturally I don't expect all my fellow TT'rs to agree, as we are a very opinionated group. But thats OK-it's just my opinion}

Not trying to be a jerk but this has been answered many times. Use the search function, read a few threads, then ask some questions. BTW: The search button is located at the top of the page.

I think you just proved you are.

I think you just proved you are.

I proved I am a jerk by pointing him to the search button at the top... whatever. I am sure all of the help you gave in your post is much appreciated.

And the cliff thing was a joke. As you can see from my sig, I ride a 450X also.