Sign in to follow this  

case guard problem

Hi, I recently purchased a set of Baja Designs case guards (Same as CFC guards) for my 2005 drz400s. I also have an aftermarket IMS shifter pedal. My problem is that now with the new engine guards, my clutch pedal sticks and rubs on the engine guard. It is causing problems :banghead: while I ride. its not rocket science and I am pretty sure I put them on right. Anyone else encounter this even with the CFC guards? Any ideas? I have even loosened the cluth pedal and slide it out a little but it didnt make MUCH difference, plus I think its unsafe....HELP!!!! :applause:

Hi, I recently purchased a set of Baja Designs case guards (Same as CFC guards) for my 2005 drz400s. I also have an aftermarket IMS shifter pedal. My problem is that now with the new engine guards, my clutch pedal sticks and rubs on the engine guard. It is causing problems :applause: while I ride. its not rocket science and I am pretty sure I put them on right. Anyone else encounter this even with the CFC guards? Any ideas? I have even loosened the cluth pedal and slide it out a little but it didnt make MUCH difference, plus I think its unsafe....HELP!!!!🤣

How'd you get a drz with a suicide shift??? :banghead:

baja designs are not the same as cfc's

I run cfc with an ims extended shifter with no problems

But if I were to give any advice here it would be to remove the said "clutch pedal" and lay it on a flat surface and give it a good whack with a solid heavy object,,,,aka hammer, to straighten it out a bit so the end is a bit further away from your guard.

I was thinking the same thing(whacking and bending it) but was hoping not to if possible. whats the difference between baja design and CFC case guards? they seem the same

CFCs have been available on TT for quite awhile and have been tested and found to work well by many of us. Baja Design may have copied the design. The BDs look like the CFCs, and may well be the same. But it doesn't really matter since you already bought and installed the BDs. They should be strong enough to give you adequate protection. Bend the shift lever out a bit and it'll be fine.

That is a new BD case saver, first I've seen of it. Definately a copy of the cfc's by the look of them. Can't say how they fit since I've never seen them in person.

Don't worry about bending your shifter, it is made out of steel and not cast like the stocker so should be easy to bend without worry of breaking.

Don't worry about bending your shifter, it is made out of steel and not cast like the stocker so should be easy to bend without worry of breaking.

Stocker is forged (like Al kickstart levers), not cast (wouldn't be stong enough), and I too had to bend mine out after fitting CFC's. A little heat applied in the right area does the job nicely. If you've got a steel one then it'll bend without heat, but dont bend the stocker without heat.

I have the stock one tucked away but I would like to continue running my IMS shifter. I am confused, are you saying dont heat this one up??

You don't need to heat the ims steel one up, it will cold bend just fine. The stock aliminum one may break without heat. It may be forged but the quality of the forging is pathetic, little if any better then a plain casting. They don't use much pressure on them and the inside is like pot metal.