Sign in to follow this  

Anyone ever enlarged their oil tank reservoir?

I'm thinking of picking up an extra when/if I can find one for my 1993 TT600 and enlarging it to hold a larger amount of oil, for two obvious reasons, better cooling and a little longer oil life. Has anyone done this?

No one? Maybe no one does beause most modern day bikes are water cooled? I have a TT600 from '93 and it's air cooled so that is the reason I'm considering this.

-Josh

I think its a great idea. You can actually buy a tank for CRF450's. Adds like 300cc of oil.

I'm not concerned with weight, for one my big heavy TT600 (310 lbs) isn't going to notice another 2 or 3 lbs. I only weigh 165 as it is, so my hp to weight ratio overall isn't that far off a larger (190 to 200 lb) rider on a YZ426F anyways... not that any of that matters because it's just recreational to me anyways, and just looking to keep my air-cooled beast cooler by offering it more oil.

-J

I think its a great idea. You can actually buy a tank for CRF450's. Adds like 300cc of oil.

Hmmm... maybe I could just pick up one of those for my 600 and shoehorn it in to the frame somewhere. Thanks for the heads up on that...

-J