Sign in to follow this  

Vegas over Thanksgiving

so i know that a lot of people might be heading to glamis over thanksgiving but i'm coming from wa so i'm not sure that i would make it that far... i'm actually meeting up with college buddies in vegas and was wondering if i should bring my bike... would need someone to ride with (will be there mostly the whole week with no official plans). i ride moderate level trails. like challenges but i'm certainly not the best rider out there... ride a yz 250...

anyway, let me know if you're interested in tour guiding one of the days that week. also, we are looking for a campground where we can all camp and party... we keep getting kicked out of the established campgrounds! any ideas on land we can camp on? doesn't have to be an extablished area at all! most of the group is interested in hitting red rocks for climbing but there are a few dirtbikers in the group... somewhere by red rocks (or up on the back side, i know one year we road some jeep roads back into the back side of the park -probably illegal.

anyway, any info would be great!

thanks

if you like sand dunes there are some a hour or 2 away... :banghead:

Logandale Trail System is located in Logandale, NV and its a great place to ride, it has a little of everything from dunes to desert trails.

The surrounding area is the Valley of Fire. They do have ATV tours there that tour daily so keep an eye out. Most of the sand trails have a lot of blind corners and they are not one way trails.

The dunes are not that big and jumping razor backs depends on mothernature and how she decides to blow the sand. The sand trails can be pretty technical at high speeds, and the whoops can wear you out pretty quick.

All in all its a great little day or weekend get away. Early morning is the best time to ride, the place will get pretty packed in the early afternoon. :banghead:

Camp down at the Jean Lake bed. You can party and make all the noise you want. It's 20 min from downtown, and there are some great trails that go all over the place from there. If you need help, let me know. :banghead:

thanks for the info! i will look into how to get there and i might shoot you another note if i'm having problems... problem is half of our group isn't into bikes and might get pissy if there are other bikes around (they put up with us but...) so we'll have to see... is there riding right in that area? you up for riding tues through fri? i think it's going to be me, another girlfriend from co and her bf who is probably coming up from the baja and meeting us there...

let me know if you want to tour guide!

M.

I'm sure I could make a Tuesday or Wednesday morning run. I'm taking the whole week off! :banghead: I plan on doing a lot of riding! 🤣 Let me know when your coming, where your going, and how to get in touch. What level of trail do you want? Do you want fast, whooped, rocky, hills, sand washes, some FMX style jumps, nasty downhills, jeep trails, or fire roads? Did I miss anything? :banghead:

uhhh, i think that covers it all! i'm up for ANYTHING! not sure what the rest of the gang is up for though... def no roads, boring! i think it's always fun to do moderate level trails with good play spots along the way -that way everyone can get a challenge either just with the riding or by testing themselves on hill climbs or more technical trails that loop up with the main one... just a thought... i'll be leaving wa on fri night but i'm planning on stopping in tahoe on the way... i also wanted to get in some climbing myself so i won't be riding the whole time... i'll shoot you an email before i leave and let you know some contact info -i'll talk to the rest of the group and see what everyone thinks for camping and what the other riders think for riding...

thanks again for the info... look for a post closer to thanksgiving!