Sign in to follow this  

Holy stoppies!

Supermoto brakes are amazing, installed my braking 320 rotor and EBC red pads last night, holllly crap amazing.

BTW, watch out for the edges of the rotor, super sharp. I cut myself badly enough to have to go to the hospital and get stiches! Oh well, no pain, no gain.

Are you running a 320 mm disc with the 21 inch front wheel ??

I use a 280 EBC disc and RR pads, and can easily over power the front tyre, which is an Avon Distanzia.

I was advised by Talon not to use the 320 mm disc with a 21 inch front wheel.

Neil. :banghead::applause:🤣

Supermoto brakes are amazing, installed my braking 320 rotor and EBC red pads last night, holllly crap amazing.

What make or model did you buy and here did you get them? Did you stick will the stock lines or did you upgrade them as well?

Stock lines and master as of right now. I got the huge wave rotor off of ebay for 100 and the bracket from parts unlimited for 70 or so after my discount.

I am running a 21 and if I am too agressive, it does lock the front wheel up, kinda scarey.

good innit?

now put an RM master cylinder on it.

I was going to switch to ss braided lines because I don't like the spongy feeling stock one. Is the RM master much better? How?

One of the reasons I picked this bike was because it was cheap, so I'd like to keep mods to a minimum but good brakes are good brakes.

The master cylinder on the S model has a different lever ratio to the E and the RM models.

You get less leverage on an S, and have to squeeze the lever significantly harder for the same effect.

It doesn't make the brake any more powerful, just feels infinitely better, and requires far less effort for to produce the same stopping power.