Sign in to follow this  

Female USFS ranger in NorCal is looking become a better rider.

Hi girls , we in the CA ride forum have learned of a female USFS ranger ( 20 something - age) here in Georgetown, CA ( near Sacramento, CA) and she is looking for other riders to ride with so she can get better. her name is Dana i know her from a volunteer trail work day last year.

any of you NorCal babes ( ladies included :banghead:) want to hook up with her to ride, please Pm me and I'll give you her work e mail. It would be great if some thumperettes introduced her to more riding.

thanks

-bob

this is the post in the CA forum about her.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2516098&posted=1#post2516098

I havent ever ridden Georgetown. I have done Forest Hill, Elkins, and Mammoth up that way. Anyway, she can have my e-mail and talk about getting together with my group for a day practice. I am no expert, but I have desent skills. She can reach me at Amberfarris@aol.com and we can talk about trying to hook up.

hey amber thanks, Dana has joined TT and posted this in the CA forum, she has publically gave her E-mail so here it is, send her a note, I'll mention you too in my next e-mail to here. She is about your size and age. she rides a forest service XT 225. I rode with her saturday and she has skills but needs seat time. she soaked up all I had to tell her and by tyhe end of our ride she was charging right up some little rocky rooted sections, standing up and head over the bars like a pro. she is a beginner though. I told her to try Prarie City too to get her skills more advanced. She works at GT ranger station. Nice person. this is her, dana717 post:

"I wanted to say thank you for having my request for a riding guide posted on the site. I had a really great ride out with bigbob and am very appreciative of everyone taking a little time out to help me improve my skills.

I have spent a couple years out working on the trails out here and have hiked them all numerous times, but I feel it is important to get the veiw of them from the bike.

If anyone else is coming out and interested in helping to give me a few more pointers. I appreciate it. I can be contacted at danawalsh@fs.fed.us"

Thanks bigbob. I will give her and e-mail and see if she wants to get together.

I just put 2 and 2 together, she rides a USFS bike they probably keep there at the station In georgetown, so I doubt she has transportation for that bike. Which means you may want to visit Georgetown for the first time. Its a great place. we'll ( the CA forum gang) probably be around next GT weekend.

when I advised her to try prarie city she seemed to think it was good idea but then I guees I didnt get she does not own a bike of her own.......well we'll just have to get her excited enough about riding so she buys a bike and joins the sport. she is obviously interested enough to ask for tips and you have to have passion about the dirt to accept a ride with me. :banghead: