Like My CR?

You have a GasGas bike? Thats freaking awsome man. Why would people give you crap for that, GasGas makes great bikes. They are kind of like KTM, arent they?

Because it's different, and when a lot of dirt bikers see something new and different they put it down because they want to be a part of something "popular", it's sad but true. I was just writing about the two KTMs I owned in the 80s when no one knew what they were and you would get flak for not having the "popular" bike. Turns out, they were very reliable and fast to, and now look how big KTM is, they didn't just start making good bikes a few years ago, they have been good for a very long time. When you've been riding for as long as I have these things become more clear. I could have bought any '05 450 I wanted and I ignored those biased mag tests and chose a bike that suited me with a close and friendly dealer, those are the things that are important, especially when you realize that 90% of riders can't bring out the full potential of these bikes anyways. It's kind of a joke reading about these rideres who say Honda is best or Yammie is best or even GasGas is best because they really DON'T KNOW. Have fun on whichever bike feels good to you.

Ride on.

Word :banghead: Thats exactly right. Even with tmag test, that is still someones opinion. I think your better off buying the bike that you think looks the coolest, rather than going off which bike was the fastest with a pro rider in a dirtrider article. We get caught up in comparisons, but when push comes to shove, your bike doesnt make you a better rider, and thats whats important on race day.