Sign in to follow this  

GYT-R Insert Ride report

Just in case this topic hasn't been covered enough🤣 , I have a report from the GYT-R Insert in my 04 wr250f.

Background on my exhaust:

1)stock--no power, quiet, heavy

2)baffle out--more power, but too loud

3)YZF Exhaust-better power than 2, loud but not as annoying as 2, light

4)Found GYT-R insert on E#$@. Threw it back in my stocker(heavy), but oh so much quieter :applause: . So I'm thinking I will have no power, quick 5min ride around my track in the dark proves me otherwise🤣 .

So my personal evaluations based on my limited knowledge of anything🤣 , is that I have lost very little noticeable or at least power that I REALLY needed. For me a little loss in power is worth having a quieter machine, especially nowadays, and I live in the country, but I do ride WMA's around me. Granted I only rode it for 5min so the next few day I will try to get a better idea of what's going on with it. I did notice a little popping on deceleration after hard accel. It should be noted the only mods engine wise on the bike are blue/grey wire, throttle stop, airbox, #40leak, ZipTYfuel screw(not really a change to running characteristics, I suppose), and JD Jet Kit.

Anyway, thought it had been awhile🤣 since we had a discussion on exhaust systems and accessories :banghead:

I'm really happy with the GYTR insert as well.

Not quite as much "pop" as running without the insert, but a HUGE improvement over the stock insert. Not sure how quiet it actually is, but it's considerably quieter than without it.

I rode mine somemore this morning. Feels like I may have lost a little in the mid-range over the YZF Pipe, still liking the quietness, though!

Just in case this topic hasn't been covered enough🤣 , I have a report from the GYT-R Insert in my 04 wr250f.

Background on my exhaust:

1)stock--no power, quiet, heavy

2)baffle out--more power, but too loud

3)YZF Exhaust-better power than 2, loud but not as annoying as 2, light

4)Found GYT-R insert on E#$@. Threw it back in my stocker(heavy), but oh so much quieter :applause: . So I'm thinking I will have no power, quick 5min ride around my track in the dark proves me otherwise🤣 .

So my personal evaluations based on my limited knowledge of anything🤣 , is that I have lost very little noticeable or at least power that I REALLY needed. For me a little loss in power is worth having a quieter machine, especially nowadays, and I live in the country, but I do ride WMA's around me. Granted I only rode it for 5min so the next few day I will try to get a better idea of what's going on with it. I did notice a little popping on deceleration after hard accel. It should be noted the only mods engine wise on the bike are blue/grey wire, throttle stop, airbox, #40leak, ZipTYfuel screw(not really a change to running characteristics, I suppose), and JD Jet Kit.

Anyway, thought it had been awhile🤣 since we had a discussion on exhaust systems and accessories :banghead:

Personally I had nothing but frustrations with the GYT baffle. I could not jet so as to have a sweet crispy low end snap, no matter what I tried (swapping YZF pilot jets is a big job also). I got tired of playing jet guessing games, and I run bone stock YZF jetting, with the stock WR muffler un-baffled, and it runs perfect. It is a little loud, I agree, but I am used to the sound level now.

It is a little loud, I agree, but I am used to the sound level now.

Unfortunatetly, it isn't your opinion of the noise level that matters...

It up to those who will complain to their local government until the only place we are allowed to ride is private tracks. (and even those are being closed due to noise complaints)

Sucks, but that is the reality we're all facing.