Sign in to follow this  

movin' to Hickory, NC...were to ride

Okay so at the end of the month im moving to Hickory, NC. I mainly ride mx but i also like trails. What are some good tracks and trails to ride in that area. I went to TNT this last week cuz my dad went down there for an interview thing so i braught the bikes along. Wasnt a fan of the tracks at all. I thought they kinda sucked, but the trails were pretty fun. Any suggestion on some fun tracks to check out?

no Idea about tracks but Brown Mountain has alot of trails and there is Brushy Mountain check out www.bmmspark.com should be maybe 45 minutes from you. 52 miles of trsils

Plenty of places to ride Center road Silver creek etc etc.Check out NCdirtrider.com good place to start.When you move here pm me and ill give you more info.

What was wrong with TNT? Just wondering because I have not been there and have been thinking of making the trek with my son and I. Were the tracks to rough, not groomed, too easy??? How was the tracks for the kids riding a CRF50?

Will

What was wrong with TNT? Just wondering because I have not been there and have been thinking of making the trek with my son and I. Were the tracks to rough, not groomed, too easy??? How was the tracks for the kids riding a CRF50?

Will

both big bike tracks are very hard packed,lower one is the best in my opinion,the whoop section is awsome,anyway the kids track is good my son rides a crf50 and loves it,,LATER JC

You could try out Daniel's Ridge Supercross just out of taylorsville. Its a fun track a little treacherous for the faint of heart but fun. :banghead:

TNT...hmm...well first off their "supercross track is just crazy. Ungroomed, hardpacked, not forgiving, and lots of big step ups and step downs.

The mx track was okay. Very torn up and hard packed. Most of the stuff is forgiving exept a couple jumps but its very very rough when it isnt groomed.

there are 2 tracks little bikes/beginners can ride. Both are great for small bikes and very rough at all.

Can you tell me a little more about Daniels Ridge or give me a webiste? Im a fan of supercross riding but im still considered a novice and i dont want nuthin all crazy.

Plenty of places to ride Center road Silver creek etc etc.Check out NCdirtrider.com good place to start.When you move here pm me and ill give you more info.

Is there a phone # for Silver Creek? I havn't been there in awhile and don't know their hours or track conditions.

The number is on ncdirtrider.com in the track listing section. The track conditions were very bad last time I was there, only due to the extremely dry summer. Usually it is nicely prepped and groomed and when it rains it is a nice little track