Sign in to follow this  

Stonyford question

does any TTers have Personal experience riding Stonyford ( staging at Davis flat) On memorial day weekend?

If so can you tell me is it typically a zoo on that 3 day holiday or just normal weekend crowds?

yes I realize the trails up the mountain are not zoo'd what is the life at Davis Flat staging area for say a saturday arrival, I imagine tight RV parking and possible dust and crowds, that's what I was asking. Davis flat can hold lots of RVs and tents and people on a good wet april weekend, what I was wondering is does Memorial day weekend bring out all the parking lot idiots more then your average ride weekend. I have only been there in April and found it to be roomy, but hey Foresthill in April can be semi roomy too but The staging area on memorial day weekend is a frigging zoo.

do the idiots come out at Stony too for the Holidays? is davis flat a nightmare then?

Was there last T-day and that place was down rite scary. Quads always doing donuts in the parking lot, groups of 10-20 riders at time headed up hill as you go down. And just remember if you camp them it gets very cold.

It was 19 degrees the last time we were there on the Friday before T-day. Zekedawg and Rocketgirl got cozy that night in a tent. I think it was a coupla days later that they had an RV, lol.

Bob go check out Stonyford (davis flats) on New Years weekend if you want to see alot of people... Bring lots of firewood and a burn barrel and your good to go. Lots of fun playing in the snow at the upper elevations. Not to mention the parties that are happening everywhere. Its a good time if your into that sorta thing.

Fouts and Davis flat were less than 30% capacity on '05 Labor Day weekend, your pick of spots. The Davis parking area had 100' plus gaps between RV's. Around Letts looked full.

Trails had an occasional rider or two once you got away from camps. Saw more para gliders than riders on Potato

bob, a couple buddies and i want to ride stoneyford but have never been there. We will need a tour guide sometime in the somewht near futture

Bob,

I would recommend renting something with a heater this time of year, gets pretty cold, Boomer might get cold. People are normally pretty mellow on holiday weekends. I would try to get in one of the smaller camping loops instead of the big flat. :banghead: