Sign in to follow this  

Before next race season...

Here are my plans on what to do to my bike before next race season to my 2005 CRF250R:

Factory Effex Custom Graphics and gripper seat cover

Engine Ice Coolent

ASV Levers (Red)

RK Racing Chain Heavy Duty Gold Chain

Excel Rims (Black)

Acerbis Uniko hand guards

Boyesen Quickshot and Waterpump kit

Race Tech suspension mods

Hinson Racing Clutch cover

Renthal Black rear sprocket and front sprocket

Procircuit Ti header pipe

JD jetting kit

Is there anything else I should think of? I'm sponsored by all of these people except for the JD jetting so I must use there stuff.

What I got already:

Works Connection Skid Plate

Works Connection Radiator Braces

SenDec Hour Meter

Pro Circuit Ti-4 Slip-On

Twin Air air filter

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=8537

Sounds good, and expensive.

Mine is pretty well set up, but the one thing i'm looking at for next year is a steering stabilizer.

I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I definately want to try it.

Also buy the rest of the PC exhaust system.

Edit - the header is already on your list, my mistake

Sounds good, and expensive.

Mine is pretty well set up, but the one thing i'm looking at for next year is a steering stabilizer.

I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I definately want to try it.

Also buy the rest of the PC exhaust system.

Edit - the header is already on your list, my mistake

Well it should cost me about $600 if I dont get the rims, suspension mods, and clutch cover. So it isn't that bad, but if I got those things it would be well over $1000 and I'm only 16 and theres no way I could afford that.

Well If I were you I would get my suspension done FIRST. But instead of buy asv levers you just do what I do and buy teflon tape. Then take your clutch perch and front brake master cylinder off the handlebars.Then wrap the teflon tape around the handlebar about 8 times where your clutch perch and front brake master cylinder would bolt on to the handlebars. Then put them back on the handlebars right over the teflon tape then tighten them back up again. This will allow the the brake perch and front brake to just slide down or up when you fall. I have been doing this for 1/2 year and have not broken a lever since.

How does your clutch cover still have paint on it? Mine was gone like the first day.

How does your clutch cover still have paint on it? Mine was gone like the first day.

I hear that one

He must not be hardcore like us. :banghead: Completely Kidding. What class do you race, and how well do you place that your sponsored by all of those companies.

Ahh, man i need to make one of those. Im pretty much the same as you. I race 125c, first year, getting like 11th ish place. Its a bummer because last race my dad was lame and went golfing instead, this big KROC race i couldnt race because i have 12 stitches from bmx, and the next race i cant race because i have to go to new york for something. I was really ready to get top 10 because i was imprving so much since the last race.

Yeah, I'm getting a lot better. I haven got in the to ten yet, my best was a 14th but I did crash in the first turn in that race. I know I'm a top ten racer I just have had bad races. My first race I went down half way in the first lap and the bike wouldn't start back up, I came out with a 18th. The 2nd moto I did the same thing but I did keep the bike running and I came out with a 14th.

At my second race I fell in the first turn and finshed in 17th. My second moto was bad. The bike died on my 4 times do to a bad plug, I finshed with a 18th.All the races I was in were out of 25-28 racers so I guess it ant that bad with a crash in every moto Iv been in.

It might not look like I'm a top 10 guy but I'm am if I keep it on two wheels.

Oh, by the way were do you live in NJ? Theres a track in northern Delawar called Blue Diamond. I live about an hour 1/2 away from it, maybe we could go ridding there some time.

suspension first. things like graphics and rims do nothing.

I race in 125 C and place in top 10, its only my first year of racing. I got all my sponsors off sponsorhouse.com

Is that beginner or novice class? In CA we go by beginner, novice, etc. so I don't know what 125 C is.

What about new tires adn sprockets? I would but those before graphics and just about everything else.

suspension, pipe and jet kit, rims...in that order. Im a fool and am doing that list completely the opposite...I got the rims and pipe but NEED suspension now, and cant quite afford it.

The engine ice is a given...shoulda done that when new.

Replace your chain and sprockets when they're worn. Get new graphics after you got the suspension done.

I think your bike looks awesome as it is, I'm not really into aftermarket parts or modifiying, but i'd say black wheels/hubs would look nice, and do get the other part of your exhaust system but other than that there's no need to go buy some cheesy aftermarket graphics, that, won't do anything, look old after a few rides unlike OEM grpahics, look not as good in genral in my opinion and will do nothing for you speed wise. The ASV levers would look better in black since the red ones fade and the black would match your wheels. Spend the money some where else on new gear or, more track time or better yet saving for your next bike! There no need to spend money you don't need to. Prove to everyone you can win/be competetive on a stock bike and you will earn more respect. Save for the 2006 model!

Regards

Honda0001

Well I just ordered some Factory Effex custom graphics. I had to have the graphics, it was in my contract. Ill post the pics of my bike when I get them in on a different thread. And I don't plain on getting another CRF until 2008, I just got my '05 July this year.