Sign in to follow this  

New Carb

Here's a new carb idea, let me know what you think?

I recently put an Edelbrock carb on a 660 raptor and noticed a big difference in performance through the entire range, this was just a seat of the pants feel, there was no dyno compairson.

There is one available for the TRX 450, the beauty of this carb is there is no jets or needles to change.

The needle is adjusted from outside the carb to handle mid to top, and a accelerator pump adjuster outside the carb to handle low to mid.

It is pricey at $490.00, that is a big draw back but I have spent more money on a single upgrade then that.

Just an idea right now, just wanted your take.

Just an idea at this point and I do have my concerns whether the carb will work at all let alone give any performance gains.

What I do like about it is the external tuning features.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them.

I know the fcr carb is a good carb. but it benifites from up grades like a fuel screw, jet kit, quick shot, all of which amounts to roughly $200.

If I were to take that $200 and added another $200, I would have a carb that I can tune externally, no jets to change, a needle I can adjust by just removing the seat.

I was wondering if any one had any experience using an edlbrock carb on any other bikes.