Just some pics of the Marzocchi 50mm Shivers

Just thought I would show you guys a couple pics of one of the forks torn down. Nothing too special but I don't think there is a lot of info on them online and I thought they are a pretty cool "SM friendly" design....

What is cool about them is to set them up for SM I just bought the pre-made 35mm SM spacer kit from Marzocchi USA which drops right over the cartridge rod (one of the spacers is shown).

The spring preload is set with the clip on the groves on the outside of the cartridge body they are in 5mm intervals. The red anodized parts are then backed up against the clip. Notice there are 2 sets of grooves. One set is 35mm higher just for SM use. :banghead:

Anxious to get them on the bike and post up some more pics. :applause:

marz1.jpg

marz2.jpg

Awesome Nate, those things look sweet!

Are you going to take them in to someone and have them redone?

If so make sure they DO NOT replace the seals and bushings unless absolutely necessary that way the stiction is minimal.

As long as the seals and bushings are good there is no reason whatsoever to replace them.

Broken in is way better than new stiffies.

Thanks for the tips on the seals and bushings... The seals were definitely gone and the bushings looked pretty worn. So I opted to replace it all since the forks are used and "unknown"..... Well new to me of course.?

Even with the new seals and bushings they are very free and loose feeling. I believe the stanchion tubes are TiAiN instead of TiN coated which is why they are black also. :banghead:

As for having them revalved I figured I would try them where they are as a baseline. See how they feel and get some setup tips at the West Coast Supermoto school I am attending on Oct. 9th before I have any valving re-done at all.

I am still pretty very new to SM. I also am very new to MX. I don't fear ripping apart and rebuilding a fork but suspension setup is something I am trying to learn. I believe it is the most important thing I need to work on to get faster or even to have a more comfortable morning commute..... Not that I had to have the Shivers or anything..... I am just a junkie for trick parts at a decent price therefore..... I had to have the Shivers. :applause: