Sign in to follow this  

TC 450 for desert racing??

I was in Malcolm Smiths today and they had 04 and 05 tc450 sitting there

for $3999.00 both new.Anyone have an opinion on how they would work off road,district 37desert racing.How limiting will the 5 speed gear box be?I have kind of had my eye out for a TE but this looks like a pretty good deal.

My last husky was a 96 610.I hate to say it but I went orange This might just be the excuse I need for a new husky, besides the wife is going out of town for 2 weeks,so I figure I can buy it and have 13 days to come up with a good story. I have been lurking around the forum for a while but this is my first post.Great site, any help will be appreciated.

Well...i've been racing the '05 510 and loving it.

Its as realable as can be. Fast. Handles great.

The TC will have a bit more hit with the cam and pipe. If you are fast you will really like it. Might want to go with a 15 tooth sprocket-ad an IMS tank and a dampner and you are ready for randsburg.

Highly recommended--but get the 05--better carb helps.

see ya out there!

I was thinking about buying a 2004 TC450 to race Vet Pro at the motocross races. I hope it works well. I have a 2004 CR125 Husqvarna and I love it except for the lack of power for my 230lbs.

I am suprised both the 04 and 05 are at the same price. I would value the 05 way above the 04 due to the bigger valve stems & better carb.

I am suprised both the 04 and 05 are at the same price. I would value the 05 way above the 04 due to the bigger valve stems & better carb.

The 2004 TC450 is 3999.00 the 2005 TE450 is $5593.00 the 2005 TE510 is $5593.00. Thanks Mark

I was in Malcolm Smiths today and they had 04 and 05 tc450 sitting there

for $3999.00 both new.Anyone have an opinion on how they would work off road,district 37desert racing.How limiting will the 5 speed gear box be?I have kind of had my eye out for a TE but this looks like a pretty good deal.

My last husky was a 96 610.I hate to say it but I went orange This might just be the excuse I need for a new husky, besides the wife is going out of town for 2 weeks,so I figure I can buy it and have 13 days to come up with a good story. I have been lurking around the forum for a while but this is my first post.Great site, any help will be appreciated.

blademan, Welcome to Thumpertalk. Did you get the bike yet? Enjoy Mark

$3,999 is a steal!! My buddy rides an "04 TC450 on the motocross track a lot, he races and does real well with it. Go for it.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy an '04 for D37. Our races are way too fast, and you'll have valve issues. Don't let a dealer sway you into it either.

The TC works great in our desert also. The only real bummer is the 19" rear.

Go with the '05!!!!!