Sign in to follow this  

06 kx250f

Im looking into buying a new bike soon i been reading alot about the 250's out there hon kaw yam. Is the valve thing really a big pain to keep up with. Im rideing a xr400 now piped jetted all the small mod's. So i know the xr is a bit on the stone age side. But they run forever and the low down power is nice and allmost zero up keep.Keep in mind im allway's on top of my maint work. so im realy likeing the kaw 250f. im a trail rider but im not scared to fly over a jump here or there.Since the xr don't like sometime's.im not trying to Compare the two bike's but how they work for power wise snapper than the xr and enough power to haul me around power wise. im 6'1 210pound's Please tell me you owner's of the kaw 250f im i just worred to much.Also just thumbing the used bike add's i see 04-05 top end just rebuilded. help????????? thank's

a 450 would be alot better for a person your size

785 offers a good suggestion with a 450. You could also consider the offroad cousins of the motocross 450s such as the WRF and CRF450X.

The 250 4-stroke motocross bikes are serious race machines and if ridden hard, require frequent and expensive maintenance. The bikes run at 12,000 plus RPM and have pistons just big enough to hold the rings. I recommend you ride a few 250F's and 450F's before you decide.

Thank you im really going to take all you guy's said. Im going this weekend to look at a wr450 and the ktm 450 exc and mxc thank's again