Sign in to follow this  

Las Padres run Sunday 10/2

Well red sticker season is finally over at Gorman.

I need to test the YZ250 out in the forest. I think with the bigger Clarke tank I am running I can get at least 50 miles in. I suspect more.

Usually I don't ride on the weekends but I want to test the bike. So this Sunday I am going to hit the hills. If you have never rode the forest this is your chance but understand that these trails are harder then anything in Gorman. Narrow and with lots of exposure (fall off a cliff stuff) so if your interested I'll show you the way. No beginners please.

Meet at Sterling camp at 08:00 weekends aren't bad if you hit the forest.

I might be able to make it, I'll have to see what my schedule is going to be for tomorrow.

On a side note, that YZ250 should be awesome in the tight trails :banghead:

Derek - Gonna be at Rowhers Sunday with GoodWood. He is showing his brother (advanced beginer/intermediate level) around. If you want to hook up we can break away from them and do a couple of loops ourselves. We were planning on staging at the Boquet Canyon trailhead at 0800.

Heading to the CORR truck races in chula vista tomorrow. Gotta love a new bike, enjoy....

Derek - Gonna be at Rowhers Sunday with GoodWood. He is showing his brother (advanced beginer/intermediate level) around. If you want to hook up we can break away from them and do a couple of loops ourselves. We were planning on staging at the Boquet Canyon trailhead at 0800.

I'll catch you nextime SXP. When you gonna come out and dez race with Brian and I?

Your more then ready to race. My next race is Oct. 30th at Lucerne you should come on out. So. Cal M/C race is next weekend I'll be working that race Brian is planning to work it also. You should try one you'll love it.

Have fun up there tomorrow! I was there today, very nice and almost nobody in the forest. I was also enjoying riding my 300EXC legally up there.

tp3dxf, how big is your Clarke tank? My IMS tank (3.4) did just over 60 miles there on a ride last friday and had 1/2 gallon left.

Have fun up there tomorrow! I was there today, very nice and almost nobody in the forest. I was also enjoying riding my 300EXC legally up there.

tp3dxf, how big is your Clarke tank? My IMS tank (3.4) did just over 60 miles there on our ride last friday and had 1/2 gallon left.

Thanks again for leading that ride, it was great!

I am running a Clarke 3.2 on the YZ. Got 25 mpg at Hilltopper Scramble dez race. I should be good for close to 70 just have to wait and see.

I am just wondering how rich I may be running in the elevation.

Glad you enjoyed our last ride.

tp3dxf, how big is your Clarke tank? My IMS tank (3.4) did just over 60 miles there on our ride last friday and had 1/2 gallon left.

Thanks again for leading that ride, it was great!

I don't think I led a ride last Friday?

So how was that forrest ride and the the YZ? I really wanted to go but the ribs are still sore, saving myself for a vintage race next weekend. The Zook is repaired and ready. Look forward to hitting the trails with you guys soon.

Len great to hear your back!

The ride was good. One close call on the way back down the mountain.

The YZ worked great still adjusting to the 2 stroke snap and keeping it on the bubble. The bike surprised me a bit with how good it would pull down low.

I am starting a new post with a link to the pics.

We took a leg of trail that I have never taken before. Towards the end of it I started to have flashbacks of Piru Trail. I was so afraid of smashing my new FMF.

Thanks Brian for coming along today.

Todd, missed you today. Maybe we can meet up some other time🤣

Len, the ride was awesome🤣 Derek always knows how to setup a fun riding day :banghead:

Derek, thank you for letting me try out that two smoke :applause: That bike is definitely awesome. I think I see a two stroke in my future...

Better keep a close eye on the 525 when I am around. I felt right at home on the big thumper. Can you say roll on thrust with a cheater button. Great bike.

I have to say it's fun riding the 2 stroke. Good change of pace. I still love the big four strokes. Never get tired of that torque.

Todd, missed you today. Maybe we can meet up some other time🤣

Len, the ride was awesome🤣 Derek always knows how to setup a fun riding day :banghead:

Derek, thank you for letting me try out that two smoke :banghead: That bike is definitely awesome. I think I see a two stroke in my future...

Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. The wife wasn't having it since I will be up at Cal City next Sat and Sun. 🤣 . Maybe next time...I want to try to hit that trail that we turned around on again. I have my stalling probs under control now :-)

Yeah, sorry I missed you guys. The wife wasn't having it since I will be up at Cal City next Sat and Sun. :banghead: . Maybe next time...I want to try to hit that trail that we turned around on again. I have my stalling probs under control now :-)

Yeah, that trail is pretty fun there. Once you get to the top of that, we can hit Miller Jeep Trail which is a fun one. There are so many fun/challenging trails out there - I can't wait for Snowy to open up. I hear that trail separates the boys from the men :banghead: