Sign in to follow this  

hayden, moto gp. spoiler inside ???????

nicky finished third and took the lap record at qatar behind guess who ??. [no suprise] and melandri. good race, melandri and hayden did very well...

I get all the updates off of www.crash.net and for some reason, it's super slow this morning.

I hope Hayden catches Biatch-Biaggi and passes him in the championship before the end of the year. Regardless, Hayden and Melandri will be near the top if they keep performing like this.

If we could only get Vermullin moved up for Hayden's teammate next year. :banghead:

Rossi's curse on Gibernau is still holding after a year. I wonder if Ducati is having second thoughts about signing Sete for next season.

Melandri is one tough little cookie. He rode the Sepang race and today's race with 35 stitches in the heel & sole of his foot. Maybe that's why he rode so fast....he wanted to get back to the pits and ice his foot some more.

Edwards had looked so good during practice and qualifying that I really figured this might be his chance for a win. Not to be though....damn!

The KTM's sure have the field covered in the 125 race. Kalio is really pissed at his Hungarian teammate for pipping him at the finish line.

One bit of info that was released after the race. Biaggi is going to Suzuki with Camel sponsorship. That leaves room on the Repsol team for tiny Danny Pedrosa to move up from 250's. I hope he's strong enough to handle the big bikes....the guy barely weighs 100 pounds!!

Good racing today in all the classes. Can't wait for the next round in Philip Island.

Cheers,

Mac

That leaves room on the Repsol team for tiny Danny Pedrosa to move up from 250's. I hope he's strong enough to handle the big bikes....the guy barely weighs 100 pounds!!

Mac

Apparently Dani has a serect custom made 800cc RCV built for him. It was in the MCN not long ago. It is basically a smaller version of the RCV, but with better chassis and handling characteristics, because the capaticy is going to be reduced next year, or the year after.

Nicky seems to have broken thru to a new level of cinfidence and speed.

Its going to be fun to watch his steady advance.

It will also be fun to watch Casey Stoner advance.

Apparently Dani has a serect custom made 800cc RCV built for him. It was in the MCN not long ago. It is basically a smaller version of the RCV, but with better chassis and handling characteristics, because the capaticy is going to be reduced next year, or the year after.

He's gonna need it....those 990cc GP bikes are monsters. Guess Honda plans to use Pedrosa to run the 800 in preparation for the engine downsize for 2007. If I remember correctly, the FIM/Dorna has not reduced the minimum weight of the bikes that much (just a few kilos) for the 800cc machines. The 800's will probably be harder to ride with powerbands closer to the old 500cc two-strokes, so he's still going to have to bulk up a bit to hang on.

Also, all the rumors are that the 800 Honda will be a 3-cylinder machine. That will be interesting.

Cheers,

Mac

One bit of info that was released after the race. Biaggi is going to Suzuki with Camel sponsorship. That leaves room on the Repsol team for tiny Danny Pedrosa to move up from 250's. I hope he's strong enough to handle the big bikes....the guy barely weighs 100 pounds!!

Where did you see this? Biaggi sucks. I'm glad he'll be out of there. Maybe Pedrosa and Hayden can actually work together and advance the bike. Biatch has been complaining all year long about how poorly his bike runs and handles. Every year it's some complaint and this year he had full factory support and it didn't change anything.

I was really hoping Vermullin would move up.

Where did you see this? Biaggi sucks. I'm glad he'll be out of there. Maybe Pedrosa and Hayden can actually work together and advance the bike. Biatch has been complaining all year long about how poorly his bike runs and handles. Every year it's some complaint and this year he had full factory support and it didn't change anything.

you know that chris has got a guest ride on the bayliss bike for phillip island ......should be interesting .

The EuroSport announcers mentioned it and the local TV host for the MGP & WSBK events (himself a retired GP rider) also discussed it. However, he also felt that it might be a smokescreen by Maxine to scare Pons into taking him back on the Camel Honda by threatening to steal his sponsorship and take it to Suzuki. Biaggi may be a whiney biatch, but he's still second in championship points, so he's still got a lot of pull.

After the Sepang round, Ducati told Checa he won't be back for 2006 and they've had their eye on Gibernau. Apparently Gibernau wants some major bucks (7+ million Euros - about $10M) to ride for them, and Ducai is balking at that. Can't say that I blame them...Sete has been so desperate this year that he's making far too many stupid moves. I think the Rossi "curse" has really gotten to him....like Biaggi, Gibernau seems to be very susceptible to some of the "head games".

Kenny Roberts won't have his contract renewed with Suzuki. He may go to his dad's team if KR Senior can get Honda engines to run in his Proton chassis. That's a big "if" and they'll still need a major sponsor.

It's also very doubtful if the WCM/Blata team will return. Too bad...I would have loved to hear that V-6 running on the track!

There are definitely going to be a lot of off-season intrigue coming up. MovieStar is leaving the Gresini team and going to Formula One, so that leaves a big sponsorship gap for that team.

Cheers,

Mac

you know that chris has got a guest ride on the bayliss bike for phillip island ......should be interesting .

Yeah, Shakey Byrnes didn't really have a chance to show his skills on that bike since he was riding at tracks he'd never seen before. Vermullen will have home-track knowledge at P.I., so should do quite well if he can adjust to the RC211V fairly quickly. I would expect at least a top 10 for him if he can keep the rubber side down.

Cheers,

Mac

Yeah, Shakey Byrnes didn't really have a chance to show his skills on that bike since he was riding at tracks he'd never seen before. Vermullen will have home-track knowledge at P.I., so should do quite well if he can adjust to the RC211V fairly quickly. I would expect at least a top 10 for him if he can keep the rubber side down.

Cheers,

Mac

I just remember the article on Crash with Byrne ripping on Hayden and some others for not performing on top equipment. Looks like he'll have to eat those words a little after these last 2 races. It's not all bike and to run with Rossi, you've got to have the bike, skills and huge balls.

I just watched the race and Melandri tried harder than hell to get by at the end. :banghead: Sweet race and Nicky smoked the track record.

I'll be rooting for Hayden and Vermullin at Phillip Island. The guy is super exciting to watch.

I just remember the article on Crash with Byrne ripping on Hayden and some others for not performing on top equipment. Looks like he'll have to eat those words a little after these last 2 races. It's not all bike and to run with Rossi, you've got to have the bike, skills and huge balls.

I just watched the race and Melandri tried harder than hell to get by at the end. :banghead: Sweet race and Nicky smoked the track record.

I'll be rooting for Hayden and Vermullin at Phillip Island. The guy is super exciting to watch.

I think Shane was ripping Nicky for not having better results after being on the bike for going on three years. Some of the others that he jabbed at really needed it though. I don't understand how some of them can justify their paychecks!

Don't know why but I have never cared much for Vermullen. For some reason he just rubs me the wrong way. Nearly everything I read about him says he's a good kid, well-mannered, and highly skilled. Must be me then.... To his credit, Vermullen did vote to cancel the second race, even though he knew it would cost him the championship.

Late yesterday I saw that they cancelled the 2nd race at Imola. That gave Troy Corser the championship because there aren't enough points left for Vermullen to catch him even if Troy DNFs every race. I know he didn't want to win it that way (who would), but I'm glad to see it. Always been a fan of Troy....but then again I always cheer for the old guys that are still running good!

Cheers,

Mac

This was the best race of the year in my opinion... I think Gibbernau got buck fever there when Melandri put the heat on him, then Melandri got it when the doctor was in the house. :applause:

Rossi is the man... :banghead:

I have really enjoyed watching Nicky's confidence grow again after a few years of self doubt set in. It has to be hard when you are used to winning week in and week out to the level of competition at the GP level. If he keeps a healthy body and mind I can't wait to see how far he can actually go next year.

There are some rumors running around that one of the other Hayden brothers (Roger Lee or Tommy) will get a "guest ride" on the Kawasaki at Philip Island in 2 weeks. Hoffman broke his ankle in 6 places and is out for the season. His replacement, Oliver Jacque hurt his back at Qatar and won't be ready for P.I. Some insiders are saying that one of the Hayden brothers will get a one-off chance since they've been giving Kawasaki some good showings in the States.

Personally, I think Kaw will drag out Akira Yanagawa for P.I. and possibly Istanbul rather than turn a total rookie loose on the bike. If they want to test RL or Tommy, wait until the post-season testing at Sepang or wherever. That would be a much more controlled environment where he wouldn't feel pressured to ride over his head.

Cheers,

Mac

I like Vermullin because he looks like he puts everything he has into every ride. There is nothing left and he doesn't crash out even when he's sliding all over the place. This year his bike needed a ton of development and I never heard him bitch. In contrast, Biaggi complains at every race when he gets spanked. It's never his fault, always poor equipment.

Corser is a stud. I love seeing him screw around near the end of a race white smoking the rear tire out of every corner. Watching him on the Petronas bike the last couple years was amazing and even at his age with the right bike, he's champ. :banghead: