Sign in to follow this  

05 CRF Sprokets ?? | 250's power

Q1. Hey could someone please tell me what the stock sprokets are on the 2005 crf250r (gearing).

Q2. Also i have read that the stock 05 crf250r has got less power than the other 4-stroke 250's on paper but can you really notice this in real life. I have been searching for weeks now on what 250 to get and its just so hard to decide.

thanks

:banghead:

A1. 13/51 is stock gearing

A2. I had a yz250f before getting a crf250. I think the crf has a much smoother power band, much more usable where the yz250f has a harder hit and like to be reved

The crf might feel slower but its just because its smooth but its not, i like to crf engine better.

Ok thanks that clears it up alittle

Also does the crf have poor top end, like could you still go for a trail ride or something not on the track and not be over reving to bad, to keep up to say rmz 250 or something.

Q1. Hey could someone please tell me what the stock sprokets are on the 2005 crf250r (gearing).

Q2. Also i have read that the stock 05 crf250r has got less power than the other 4-stroke 250's on paper but can you really notice this in real life. I have been searching for weeks now on what 250 to get and its just so hard to decide.

thanks

In stock form the CRF might be a little low on paper but a CRF with some mods on it is one of the better ones on paper. Also it doesn't matter what the dyno charts say, its how it performs on the track.

It's how YOU perform on the track! Get a bike your comfortable on and you'll be happy. That is why I got the Honda instead of Yam but it's a personal choice.

Do you guys change the gearing on your bikes ?

I was looking at a 52 or maybe a 53 for Arenacross. Good idea ? I guess it's pretty simple, just looking for people with experience.