Sign in to follow this  

Corr race this weekend!

Going tomorrow. Supposed to buy the cheapest tickets cause most people end up wandering around.

Still trying to get someone to ride down with. If the bro can get a hall pass then I'll be there sun...

I like short course off road racing. None around here that I know of. They used to run the fairgrounds horse race track in fresno way back in the day.

It was a good show! McGrath is a fast learner,he drove a CORR 2 truck.A full on 2 wheel drive shourt course race truck.We went Sat.,he drove to a fourth.Word is he's stoked on it! Only complaints were the $$ of things and the down time between races.Pits were open to everyone,GOOD spectating! The talk is that CORR will build another track somewhere near there for next year!

Made it there on Sunday, fricking awesome!!! Travis Pastrana, Jeremy Mcgrath and Jessie James were there and in the same class. All DNFed. I knew it would be worth seeing in person after watching it on TV... Right in front of the grand stands, a driver in second place went for first and rolled it over. Landed on his wheels and still in fourth! Awesome... :banghead::banghead:

with all the down time they should have allowed ins and outs so you could picknic at the truck I thought. with the 30$ and up ticket prices we shouldnt have crappy expensive food and warm 7$ beers be the only option. i spent about 20$ on bottles of water just to stay hydrated!

But it only happens once, unless they really do build another track, and the memories and the experience were well wortht he $$$.

Hilight for me was the trophies hitting the start line drop-off at 125 mph!!! sick

I'd say they'll (CORR) will be back next year.I hope they get some good input about pricing and running the show better.I talked to a team today who normally race 7S truck. They are allready thinking about buying or building a CORR Lite truck!

Renezetters semi is parked like 1/2 block from where I am working... Boy would I like to take whatever is in that rig for a joy ride!

I went the weekend before, and I thought they were great. They set up a really cool track and I hope they can duplicate it in the future -lot of people, but lots of empty seats, but who knows what their "break even" point was.

E. Chula Vista has developed so much, so in a years time it could be all houses and starbucks :banghead:. I heard somewhere that they want to do more races in San Diego County and the OC next year. My guess is finding the land and in an area where the neighbors won't bitch too much will be a challenge. But if anyone can figure the land situation for upcoming events, it would be the Baldwins - and they got the bucks to make it happen.

My suggestion would be to make all the seating $20, and all unassigned.

Did they have the "Red Bull Airforce" this weekend? Those guys were nuts!!!!!

I was going to go until i found out how much it is. $30!?!?!? thats how much the AMA Nationals were....!