Sign in to follow this  

Octillo to Octillo Wells via Superstition Oct 8

90 to 100 miles round trip. Stage at entrance to Painted Gorge off Evan Hewes Hiway. Anyone interested?

I'll be in Ocotillo Wells that weekend. Didn't realize it was that far, I've never done that ride but I'd like to sometime.

Where you camping in Octillo Wells? Last time I did the loop from Painted Gorge via Superstition, we went to Blu Inn and gassed up then out to Shell Reef, over to Devils Slide than to Blow Sand. Swung by the Iron Door and back to Blu Inn for gas and back to the truck. It was right around 100 miles and took all day.

Sure, um, how hard of a ride is it?🤣 I've been known to hit my limit on a Blue trail🤣

Would a potential weenie be welcome? :banghead::applause:

We'll be camping about 100 yards NE of the intersection of Devils Slide Lane and Morton Road, older Tioga motorhome flying the Stars and Stripes. Swing by and say hi if we are around, I always have a few cold beers and a bottle of Scotch available.

I won't know till Wed for sure if our third guy is going, if he does'nt go, no problem. I'll let you know as soon as he gets back to me. Unfortunately my trailer only holds 3 bikes right now, but I'm trying to make room for four since my truck can fit four people no problem. Rory

Rory, I'll meet you guys at the Carl's Jr @06:30 then. I'll be in my work truck. (white E350 powerstroke) I've never done this run before, what's my fuel range need to be? I have tubing this time! :banghead: Rick

We are doing the Ocotillo wells to Superstition tomorrow from the Blu-inn. Leaving after breakfast at the blu-inn. Should be leaving around 8am.

The last and only time I did this run was on my CRF450R and according to the guys I was with it was 40 miles to the gas station at Blu Inn and it took 1.1 gal. You should be fine. I'm picking Bill up at 5:15 than to the other guys house should put us at Carls by 6:30, and to Painted Gorge by 8:00. Where we park is right off to the right and up a little hill as soon as you turn onto Painted Gorge Road. Hopefully on the trail by 8:30-8:45. Maybe we'll see CRF Tom and his group at Sand Dam :banghead::banghead:

I'm in,Rory thanks for the p.m. Painted Goerge rd at 8:00 8:30 Might be windy with all these Santa Anna's . Sounds like a good ride see you saturday

Dave

How did you like that wind over the weekend? As for me. It sucked big time. Thinking about going out halloween weekend.

Yeah it was windy when we arrived at 8 but died down and wasn't blowin at Superstition when we got there. Didn't notice it on the way to Blu Inn, probably cause we (Dave and me) got separated from the other five guys somewhere in the marsh of San Felipi Creek. Then we came out almost at Salton Sea, 10 miles from Blue Inn. By the time we got to Blu Inn we'd gone 56 miles and they were out of gas(me too). That's when the wind came up and it made it kinda of tuff cause I got a front flat a couple miles outta of Octillo Wells on the way back to Octillo. Still had a good time, I'll try it again in a couple weeks.

w did it sunday and rode out to salton city for lunch and then back via pole line, got stuck in QUICKSAND between poleline and superstitions, that sucked as dragging a muddy 650 out of axle deep sand is a PITA!!

Good ride though.

When we got back to camp somehad a cell phone message that 2 of our buddies were stuck out north of the sups so we tried to find em but they had to wait for morning for us to get to them and get em out, a scary experience but one i learned alot form.