Sign in to follow this  

2005 crf 450..

my 450 seems too push in the corners..I want too c what everyone is running there front forks at height wize in mm from the clamps..thx

If your "free" and "rider" sag numbers come together good then you should be able to have the line at the top of the forks even with the top of the clamps. That is about 14mm's I believe and I have run them as far up as 16mm's.

doc

right now it's 108 mm of sag.. i was out yesterday on a really rough track, it was not pushing too bad i adjusted rebound alittle bit it helped.Now im having trouble with downhill breaking bums and bottoming.. i like the front forks soft bc the track is soo rough small bumps beat you too death, but then on the bigger jumps with no landings the front forks are bottoming quite a bit..I'm around 168 now

If you are on the stock springs, you need lighter front and back. Your free sag is off in back, so you are probably riding in the mid stroke of the rear most of the time. And in front the springs being too stiff are not letting the forks settle in, into bends. I weigh the same as you, I am running .45s in front and I can't recall the rear but it is two weights down from stock.

well im waiting untill this winter too get new springs just trying too get it a little bit bettter untill i get it done.. what sucks is i blew a fork seal sunday at the track... :banghead:

Get a 756 on it. Drop that slug of a stock front tire.

I had the same problem you had . I switched from a 05 yz250f mod to a stock 450 and hated the suspension , so much I wanted to sell it after 3 rides . I got a deal through PC to do my suspension and it should be back today . I will let you know what springs they put in it . I weigh 172 #