Sign in to follow this  

KX450F at REM (Glen Helen)

There were a couple of KX450F's being raced on the REM track at Glen Helen by the Motocross Action guys today. The Weasel and Lawson had them, but a couple of others borrowed them....one of the guys trying it for the first time was Dubach, who didn't ride in it his own moto, but in another class second moto.....just cruising at a "sight seeing" pace so he wouldn't affect the results of that race (there was a race on the main track, so he couldn't try it there). Apparently he was getting a preliminary feel for what would be needed for an aftermarket pipe. :applause::banghead:

The announcer said that the MXA crew was impressed by the new KXF (Kaw struck a "home run" on their first try)...only time will tell if that was just talk.

Actually, it was Lawson from Dirt Bike that had the second one (I think). Doh.

I got to get back to REM. Hows the track been?

They didn't use any big hills this weekend. Typical REM stuff, small jumps (just what I need) and pretty rough in the second moto. Lost then regained water pressure just before the second moto, so they got a little carried away with watering - it was both slick and rough for awhile.

They didn't use any big hills this weekend. Typical REM stuff, small jumps (just what I need) and pretty rough in the second moto. Lost then regained water pressure just before the second moto, so they got a little carried away with watering - it was both slick and rough for awhile.

how are you on that section in the back over the first razorback? that damn section slows me down so much. gets rough, and muddy, and im just all over the place...frustrating.

definetly the roughest part of the track is in the back and thats where you make your time up. Simple grip the bike with legs and gas it. shhh its a secret haha

definetly the roughest part of the track is in the back and thats where you make your time up. Simple grip the bike with legs and gas it. shhh its a secret haha

damn...it sounds so easy. but that section developes some wierd ass lines and its all off camber and shit. thats where i lose the most time. every time i would pass someone, they would always just get me back in that section. I am definately going to take your advice and try to grip with my legs more in that section, i'm sure i will notice a HUGE difference in my lap times when i get that down. :banghead: WHen you racin out there again?

grip with your legs everywhere. youll notice that your going faster then usual and in control. im going sat. its october cross and racing on the big track. should be fun.

how are you on that section in the back over the first razorback? that damn section slows me down so much. gets rough, and muddy, and im just all over the place...frustrating.

I here the best technique is to ride a bike w/ a 450cc engine, :banghead:

grip with your legs everywhere. youll notice that your going faster then usual and in control. im going sat. its october cross and racing on the big track. should be fun.

I'm going to try and make one by the end of October or early November. I cant wait...

I here the best technique is to ride a bike w/ a 450cc engine, :banghead:

ya uh...didnt have one laying around. no matter, my 250F is plenty fast.