Sign in to follow this  

Am I too heavy?

I've been planning on a 06 250F.

I'm not a racer anymore (20 years ago hehe). I'm just going to ride the local motocross tracks on practice days and ride with my boys.

I'm 206lbs, although I'm going to try to lose about 10-15.

Should I get the 450F instead?

i weigh about 190 and bought a 250f, my old bike being a 99 yz400f, and i have more fun on the 250. i miss the power, but at the end of the day i can still move. the 400 was a pig and the power made you feel like your getting your arms ripped off. the best part is beating people half your age on bigger bikes.....priceless

I'm 220 and my 250 pulls me around pretty darn quick. I think you'll be fine, but you'll probably have to re-spring it.

I'm 210 and my 250F has more than enough power to handle my weight, even when it was stock. I would think you'd need to be tippin the scales at 300plus to consider a bigger bike for weight reasons.

Is it me, or is this like saying "Does this dress make me look fat?" :banghead::applause:🤣

~Tex

'05 YZF

hey, keep the 250f iam 209lbs race the vet class usually finish top five against 450 and 250two strokes. the 250f is perfect. i owned a 02yz250f and a 03 yz450f,an 04 crf450 and my 05 yz250f is the best i believe for me and most people. i also do a lot of single track trail riding in nor- cal. if you race a lot you might want to go two up on the front springs and one on the rear

my friend is 250 and rides a kx250f with no problems. But you should try the 450. Im 145 and prefer a 450 over a 250f in most cases, it all depends on how you want the bike to feel and how you feel on it.

Sounds like you are in the same situation I was in this spring.

My boys are starting to ride tracks and I wanted something to that I could play with on the tracks with them but still trail ride which is what I prefer. I am 210lb and looked at both the 250 and 450, I went with the 250 and I love it, very nimble on the MX track and trails as well. For me personally the 450 was just more machine than I needed.

Good luck with your decision.

David :banghead:

Thanks everyone good info!

I think I'll stick with the 250F and ride it stock. If I end up getting a bit more serious I'll think about changing to the stiffer springs.

Maybe I'll drop a few lbs from the riding... :banghead: