Sign in to follow this  

Just intstaled new back rotor and pads. Have a question.

I just put a new back rotor and pads on my x. It took some work but I got them in. They were very tight. Is this normal? It is like the break is permanently on (a lightly pressed break). I can spin the tire but will not spin free. I think this may be normal but that rotor is to pricey not to ask.

i would think as the pads would wear down u will get more free spin, then again are u running the right pads with the calipers?

Did you also replace the pad pin?

No. should I? If I should why? Thanks.

Road it today and the new rotor and pads did great. On another note, I think my vales went again. Guess I will get that 06 head sooner than I thought.

Maybe the adjustment in the brake pedal? Did you mess with that at all? Not sure how it is on the crf, but on my cr you can take out an allen bolt and then twist the pedal which changes the height of the pedal, maybe effects the amount of braking as well.

I just put a new back rotor and pads on my x. It took some work but I got them in. They were very tight. Is this normal? It is like the break is permanently on (a lightly pressed break). I can spin the tire but will not spin free. I think this may be normal but that rotor is to pricey not to ask.

when you use junk aftermarket parts 🤣 you will run into these kinds of problems all the time :applause:

i hope you used all factory stuff :banghead: , but it dose not sound like it.

after you compress the piston in on the rear caliper the pads should have fit loose and you should have had to pump them up ,

most of the aftermarket pads are to thick, and don't work very well at all🤣

when you use junk aftermarket parts 🤣 you will run into these kinds of problems all the time🤣

i hope you used all factory stuff :banghead: , but it dose not sound like it.

after you compress the piston in on the rear caliper the pads should have fit loose and you should have had to pump them up ,

most of the aftermarket pads are to thick, and don't work very well at all🤣

Everything that is said about EBC brakes have been good so I am not sure about the junk statement but I will agree about them being to thick. :banghead: Well they are on and did great. Time will tell if they are junk or not. I will see. thanks for the info.