Sign in to follow this  

Have you ever...

Called a shop for a part. Had them put it aside. Gone in and picked it up. Asked them to check and make sure it was the correct part. Then gone to install it and had it be the wrong damn part!

so bummed. Sunday riding is now shot...

I want a huge discount on this product, if I decide to buy it from that same shop again.

:banghead::applause:

Carry the old part with you. Get your own part numbers by using an online microfiche. Get used to the fact that parts counter workers are one step below the jerk that hands you fast food at the drivethrough, unless you are very very lucky, and do your best to be better informed than they are.

Just beat it to fit and paint it to match..

Im having the exact opposite problem.. Ive got all the parts and mine is ready to roll but its the idiots i ride with.. Everyone is always " yeah.. I dont know.. Maybe.. Well what if..." Etc.. Mine is going up forsale tomorrow because of how I have no one to ride with. Maybe some of the idiots will get a point and get thier a$$ in gear.

I guess im just too fast for all of them...? :applause:

anyways do you have any other dealers local? Go there and get the part. I missed this whole day of riding also..( idiot friend's fault ) I and everyone else knows how bad it is to miss a weekend ride day.

Hope you get to ride soon! :banghead:

i have ordered in parts before, then gone in to collect em, only to find out they sold them to someone else, whats the point of ordering? if these shops don't hold the item for you!

I go behind the counter and look up the part I need. Most parts counter personal couldn't get a McJob if they needed to.

I go behind the counter and look up the part I need. Most parts counter personal couldn't get a McJob if they needed to.

yea i go back there and look at what they are doing lol

and yes it has happened to me.....2 :banghead: times with the same :applause: part!!!! how stupid could you be!? 🤣