Sign in to follow this  

Big Bore 470 Kit info needed

Looking at putting this kit in wanted to get as much info on this as I can.

if you have used this can you give me all the positive and negitive info.

kind of worried as "Burned" had commented that I should not put this on the dyno but did not get anything (information why) else yet.

the unit I am putting in is through thumper and is being set up to us here in canada.

I am looking to get more information and stuff from people that have put this in as it is something that we are going to test for a suzuki dealer here.

thanks in advance for help on this one.

I'm not the guy to answer this,but the million dollar question here is( is it the iron liner?),if it is all your going to hear is send it back.Go to search and I'm sure you'll find alot of info there.

has anyone used this and can you tell me what it is?

and for finding thing here I am new to this computer thing can you give me a direction easy to find this information.

It is an iron liner kit and one that you should run away from. Not only is there some issue with expansion/contraction of different materials but how much cylinder skirt can be left with that large of a bore? 450 is as large as is reasonable without stroking it.

The 1 guy that I remember from here that used this kit is Wildfx, and he had a bunch of problems. The iron liner is a bad deal, and to bore it to 470 doesnt leave much material left between the liner and the water jackets if it leaves any at all. Even if you can nikasil a steel liner, it wont cure the headgasket problems that plague the steel liners. If you need to go that big, I would go with a stroker/big bore combo.

so has anyone used the 470 kit.

if there is problems with this then why is it sold?

Burned seems to have the 475 on the bottom line of his posts what does he run?

and do they make the allum sleeve?

what if the iron one is nicasiled will that help this.

I have many years on doing factory 2 stroke race bikes but no info on this type of stuff so any info will be very nice to hear.

Burned has +5mm extra stroke on his along with 94.5mm big bore done by Millenium Technologies. Aluminum sleeve + nsc.

This subject has been gone over a lot and I believe you are gonna get the same answer. If you want you bike to run stay away from the kits with the iron liners.........

TTer Freewheelers can set your crank up with an +2.5mm offset pin etc to add +5mm stroke to it..... You can go with a relatively small 92mm bore and piston if you want 449cc or even as high as 95.5mm.

well has anyone just used this 470 kit or are we going off of thoughts.

I think I have yet to find anyone that has used this or been involved with anyone that has. at lease I can be wrong but the idea is to have a person in use.

does thumper use the ad on this page or has someone read it in the mag or whatever it is.

why would they advertise it and not have anyone use it.

now this is new to me to do as asked but I have yet to find some connections to actually having used it or using it now.

this peticular product that is on this site.

thier rep is a very high grade specialized machine shop.

why would it be available with the type of responce it is getting..

...who has used :banghead: it?

Just as a thought do a search for "470" and put WildFx in as the author. That might be a good place to start.

If everyone here is telling you to stay away from it, maybe it's cause they know something! It's not like only one told you, we are on the second page and no one told you it's a good kit. If you didn't get it now then go buy it and see by yourself why they told you not to.

Sorry but I wasn't stupid enough to discount the wealth of knowledge on this site when I went big bore. :banghead:

well has anyone just used this 470 kit or are we going off of thoughts.

I think I have yet to find anyone that has used this or been involved with anyone that has. at lease I can be wrong but the idea is to have a person in use.

does thumper use the ad on this page or has someone read it in the mag or whatever it is.

why would they advertise it and not have anyone use it.

now this is new to me to do as asked but I have yet to find some connections to actually having used it or using it now.

this peticular product that is on this site.

thier rep is a very high grade specialized machine shop.

why would it be available with the type of responce it is getting..

...who has used :banghead: it?

Do it and then you can come back here and ask "why do I change head gaskets more than I ride" :applause:

Here is just one of the horror stories we've had to sit and watch here, and are trying to warn you about...

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36146&parentpage=1&highlight=470

It was like watching a slow motion train wreck... Thumper Racing keeps selling these because they can. People have problems with them, and they think it is an isolated case, and they usually can't do anything about it. Along comes another sucker who looks at the BIG 470 number, and the little price and "wham" they've got another one hooked. If you want some truly serious power, send your crank to Freewheeler to stroke it (about $400), get a big bore cylinder while the crank is getting done (about $400), and amaze yourself and your friends at how smart you were to do it (priceless)... it'll rip up the dyno and has proven to be bulletproof... that's where BURNED is getting his 475 dyno numbers from... plus a healthy dose of his proprietary magic of course! :banghead: Andrew

this is the type of feedback that i am after.

but it is all talk about it other than the one bike that had it and it went down.

what i want to do is talk to the ones that HAVE IT.

I can understand that everyone is saying not to use it and it may be just that BUT I want to have actual ones that have used it.

so far I have ONLY TWO people that have it and it is one says it is OK and the other that had problems

the rest it just conversations but as far as I can tell they are not on the group that HAVE IT.

this is 50/50 now is it just cast iron material and the heat up situation?

what about using steel or alluminun nicasiled.

will also check out the 475 kit info as you have told.

would also like to get info from burned on that

can it handle daily use or is it just race use life span.

as example our race bikes last 300mi top end 1200mi complete rebuild

and this IS FACT not talk.

There are very few people who have used the 470, and even fewer who still have the bike once they did it and realized how big of a mistake it was... That is why you're having such a hard time getting any first hand info. If your buddy buys a piece of crap part, do you have to buy it too before you're convinced it's crap? If you stay on TT very long, you'll find out that when one of us goes thru something good or bad, we all go thru it together. That's the magic of TT, you learn from each others successes or mistakes. PM BURNED and he'll explain the problems with making it work first hand. (sorry BURNED) Or, Ron Hamp at RHC racing is the other TT guru who can speak from experience on high end racing applications. There is no way you're gonna get a 470 to keep a head gasket under race conditions, if it won't hold up to everyday riding. main problem...The bore is a whole lot bigger, but the head surface is still the same size... BURNED's stroked 475 is making the power levels it is on pump gas and stock compression. Imagine what it could do if it was race tuned... :banghead: Andrew

Does anybody that has been on TT for a while remember the guy from Georgia that had thumper do a 436 kit for him? This was a few years ago, and he had a huge amount of problems with it, then he had the frame powdercoated, and sand from the sandblaster got in the oil resivoir, and when he started up after rebuild 2 or 3 he sucked sand through his motor and blew it up. The poor guy had $10-15k into the bike, and decided to part it out. Man he had a bunch of trick stuff on it. After he parted it out he bought a KTM 300 smoker, and promptly blew it up too and then faded a way. Does anybody remember his name? I think it was moto something. After his problems with his 436 kit Thumper didnt do Jack to fix his problems, which were constantly blowing head gaskets. Do a search on Thumper racing you will find a bunch of info on steel liner kits.

Does anybody that has been on TT for a while remember the guy from Georgia that had thumper do a 436 kit for him? This was a few years ago, and he had a huge amount of problems with it, then he had the frame powdercoated, and sand from the sandblaster got in the oil resivoir, and when he started up after rebuild 2 or 3 he sucked sand through his motor and blew it up. The poor guy had $10-15k into the bike, and decided to part it out. Man he had a bunch of trick stuff on it. After he parted it out he bought a KTM 300 smoker, and promptly blew it up too and then faded a way. Does anybody remember his name? I think it was moto something. After his problems with his 436 kit Thumper didnt do Jack to fix his problems, which were constantly blowing head gaskets. Do a search on Thumper racing you will find a bunch of info on steel liner kits.

motoffroad

His post was " WARNING!!!!!!!-MUST READ!!- NIGHTMARE/DREAM " Click above and read