Big Bore 470 Kit info needed

well this system that we are going to review is for long time street use.

we are triing to find something that the regular rider can do and use that is not going to cost him his first born.

it is tring to find something that works well with a history.

this is scaring me away from doing the system.

these are going to be for the SM models.

I really do like this type of system online it is worth its weight in gold.

to all that is making responses THANK YOU!!!!!

it is making me change my thoughts of......

dirt is for vegitables...pavement is for racing :banghead:

I think there were quite a few of us that got ripped off in that deal. I bought several things from him, and only part of them showed up. BURNED too I think. That guy had a ton of problems with thumper racing over that bike. Then the divorce, then the move, then we all got hosed... not TT's best day.

VPR DYNO,

What you are looking for is the Freewheeler stroker crank mod... it is not hard or expensive. $800 for a bulletproof stroked big bore that runs on pump gas, and revs like a 2 smoke (because the crank work lightens the counterweight slightly). :applause: How much easier can that be?! Especially if you guys worked up a package deal for your customers and streamlined the process. Send a few cranks to Freewheeler, and get a few cylinders bored, and you're off and running with an off the shelf exchange of your customers crank + cyl, there is no lead time.

At that price there is even room for a profit margin. Yosh was charging $12-1500 for their 450. once you release one on the streets, everyone will be talking about the "VPR kit". Check into it and let us know back what you decided. If you get it going, we might could even help you put out the word. :banghead: Andrew

you seemed to have the ideas right out of our head.

haha that was what we want to do and set up but suzuki wants a test bike made first for review. and the 470 kit was a bolt on.

I have one now that we are getting set up but I have a thumper rep here in canada telling us that the 470 kit is safe.

for me I am going to nicasil the barrel if we do go this way.

do like the info that you have given and will go out and sort it for price.

in alot of ways they are looking at the idea of just doing the top end modification as too a whole rebuild for the customers ideas.

the other situation is that it is for the street.

we now run 16/38 with 3x3 yosh dynojet SM kit and it puts out now 38.5HP

top speed on it is about 155km top speed

even for us canadians it is a fun bike

If you are hell bent on using the 470, at least talk to Ron Hamp at RHC and get his suggestions on what tricks to use to get it to survive. He popped up the other day and suggested that Nikasil coated iron, half thickness would pass heat as well as alum, so I'm sure he's got some trixs as to how it should be done. RHC 470 with a stroked crank..... 540 DRZ maybe?! :banghead:

Here is one of his post where he is making 71 hp!

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2513368&posted=1#post2513368

:applause: Andrew

If you are hell bent on using the 470, at least talk to Ron Hamp at RHC and get his suggestions on what tricks to use to get it to survive. He popped up the other day and suggested that Nikasil coated iron, half thickness would pass heat as well as alum, so I'm sure he's got some trixs as to how it should be done. RHC 470 with a stroked crank..... 540 DRZ maybe?! :applause:

Here is one of his post where he is making 71 hp!

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2513368&posted=1#post2513368

? Andrew

? 540 I won't be the first to try that one? I have also heard people using copper head gaskets custom made with iron liners that is suspose to help, I wouldn't try,.... go the safe route and stick with al liner!! You will thank us later. :banghead:

I keep hearing Millenium technologies, but I never hear a price. I'm 1/2 tempted to take my brand new 400SM apart this winter and come out this spring swinging with the most powe I can make in ths motor. Or I'll put motard wheels onmy '05 ATK and tag it.

has anyone used this and can you tell me what it is?

and for finding thing here I am new to this computer thing can you give me a direction easy to find this information.

VPR - Sent you a note on the Thumper 470 conversion. Tried to keep it brief. The feed back that you are getting regarding Thumper is based on some early units that were installed by third parties. If you need more info let me know. I would also place a call to Gary Hazel in Marshall, TX as part of your information collection process. Good luck.

I wouldn't dream of considering selling kitted bikes with this kit from a dealership. Only the parts with the best rep would be used...because I would not want P Ohed customers screaming all over my show room.

I know the potential profit margin for the kit looks attractive...but you got to figure on the fall out after the sale. Make the best...not the cheapest.

• 1 year later...

I just want to say I found this 2 year old post because now that I have 5000 miles on my DRZ400s with all the basic mods, I was thinking this kit would be a good alternative to spending 7-8K on a crf450x or KTM450exc. But from what I have read in this post the kit is an unstable product more likely to fail then be dependable 60 miles in the desert. Seems to go back to what my daddy told me " If you want a bike with more performance, buy it stock. Don,t waste your money and time with blow-up engine mods trying to re-engineer something that took industry engineers 5 years to develop."