Sign in to follow this  

05 RMZ Any problems ??

Q1. Hey i am looking at getting a new 05 rmz 250 and i was just wondering does the 05 model have any problems or issues. valvues etc..

Q2. Also how does it go against the crf 250R on track and just plain old riding like trails etc.

P.S i rode my friends rmz that he just got and its awsome.

Thanks

:banghead:

04 RMZ with countless hrs of hard trail/fire roads riding. We usually ride 4-5 hrs/ride every weekend. You do the math..............No issues so far.

I have however changed the rads and cut oil grooves in the cam journals de-buring all the journal edges as well.

I break my engines in very hard and believe that as a result I obtain a tighter ring to cylinder fit. Less blow by leads to cleaner oil and a better running engine.I change my oil/filter after every 3-4th ride and it still looks new.

I ride in the meat of the power and rarely hit the rev limiter.

Ride'm and maintain them like 4-strokes and you'll be fine.

The 05 has had improvements in the rad department so no worries there.

Cheers

Joe

well my kx250f is the same bike so i guess i can help answer...

Q1) No valve problems, i have somewhere between 45-60 hrs on mine..the only thing is the intakes tightened up a and i shimed it...totally easy

Q2) this thing will run well against any bike out there especially the hondas...my buddy came to the track with his honda he got there and his bike wouldnt start for an hour, i think his valves took a major crap on him....thats not very good reliablility, wasited an hour driving, 25$ to ride plus food & gas and his time than his bike craped out :banghead:

ide say buy one, especially since the 06' came u can get a kick ass deal on one of them

I have an 05 KXF, Already put one new set of intake valves in, those lasted 3 weeks, now putting another set in when I get my head back from getting the seats recut. $$$$ And I do take care of my bikes, don't believe the BS about if you change your oil and air filter everything will be fine. It is luck of the draw, I have 2 other friends with valve issues, then I know a few with no problems at all.

They all have valve related issues sooner or later, so does honda for that matter....