Sign in to follow this  

Big Gun v. Yosh v. muzzy

I am gonna do one of the three which one is the best or are they all about the same?

My choice for a stainless system is muzzy followed by yosh then everybody else way back. Titanium is yosh only IMHO. Muzzy and yosh in stainless are very close but the customer service, american designed and manufactured, and did I mention the excellent customer service gives a big nod to muzzy. Yosh lacks all customer service.

For street only I'd use ti but for trails and my use stainless made a lot more sense.

I have the yosh, not disappointed in it, but the midpipe rubs on my shock. This is going to be a problem. Others have discussed this before. Wonder if the muzzy mid fits on the yosh, its the same pipe right 10 guy?

I have the yosh, not disappointed in it, but the midpipe rubs on my shock. This is going to be a problem. Others have discussed this before. Wonder if the muzzy mid fits on the yosh, its the same pipe right 10 guy?
Well yes and no. If you loosen up all the subframe bolts and exhaust mounts etc. a little tweaking and rotating of the shock spring and you can make it clear the spring.

I was able to get the clearance with my stock shock.... But with my Ohlins it has no problems at all because the spring is a smaller outer diameter.

No not the same pipe, muzzy makes theirs and yosh makes their own. If the midpipe is hitting the spring then most likely you have a bent sub frame. That is what we found on bronco's. Mine has plenty of room between the two.

I haven't tried nate's idea but it could work. The other thing you can do is space the mounts out a bit with washers etc.

I also have the full SS Yosh with Unibiker Radiator Guards. It did take some time and fiddling to get the clearances. I love my Yosh, but I have no experience with Muzzy or Big Gun.

I guess I should chime in and say additionally that I had a Big Gun (pipe I had before the Yosh TRS)...... It was really loud and had really good low end snap but it can't even touch the Yosh which has just as much snap and way tons of power everywhere (and is just as loud).

I replaced the Big Gun because I couldn't keep it together. The silencer just kept falling apart. I tried everything rivets/screws and nuts and it would just keep working its way loose. I still have the pipe. Maybe I'll have the silencer can welded to the midpipe end-cap and call it good. :applause:

And as for my Yosh I actually have had one issue with it. I have cracked through the silencer can clamp 2 times (2 clamps have failed on me fatigue cracks have split the clamps in 2 pieces starting right at the spot weld areas). Yosh is quick to give me replacements as needed......

I opted to repair the 2nd clamp I broke by spot welding the hell out of it. Like 15 spot welds now hold it together. It has held since. I kept the 2nd replacement they sent me as a spare.

Other than that the pipe has been flawless. You can check out the Yosh bling in my garage. :banghead:

i got a yosh rs3 stainless. it workes great.ya there is a clearence issue but a little tweeking and that was fixed