Prime time 2005 Hare Scramble

Just curious what you all thought of the Timekeepers HS on Oct 1 at metcalf...I frankly was a little disappointed at all the tight, technical single track. Had to wait 10-15 minutes TWO DIFFERENT TIMES while riders tried to get through various parts of the track. We were all basically sitting in line like at the grocery store or something. Shut my engine off and just waited for the bikes to get out of the way up ahead. I hope they do a better job next year, get behind the wrong guy this year and you were screwed!! Heard lots of complaints from riders, (what was up with that start anyways? Holeshot in 20 feet?!) and even one of the MC guys indicated that the course was less than desirable. Not sure if I'll go back next year.

Ya that was my first race ever and what a pain in the A$$ waiting for everybody I am no pro by far but I got stuck in both of those waiting periods too.not sure if the hill was worse or the single track with the big rut was worse but I had fun on my first Race hopefully get better from here on out.

It was my first race too, had a good time also. Unfortunately for me I came around a corner on the tight single track stuff, lost momentum due to a down rider, and slid off the wrong side of the hill! spent about 30 minutes trying to muscle the bike back up. so 30 min's getting unstuck, about 30 min WAITING for "my turn" up the hill...after my first lap and an hour later I said screw it and pulled off the track. $50 for 9 miles of track? most expensive ride I've done...

Since gsxrjason joined TT the worst he has done is 2nd place. Well, he has been riding real well and training hard the MX tracks the last couple months. Lets hope things keep going his way and he will be jumping a class next year.

Jason was robbed. Congrats on the first race results. Thats good work :banghead: Jason said today that the single track at Metcalf was the same stuff that is encountered on the famous trail 6 at Forest hill. Shoot ,I been playing on that all my life ,well since I was 13 anyway. Trail 6, Shmail 6. Please? . Canyon of doom? Our own WileE1 AND Myself had to miss the race due to being brand new fathers :applause: Mine this past Tuesday and Scott about 3 weeks ago. Congrats partner.

CONGRATS on the new dad thing thats hella cool nothing like it.The single track was fun as hell been riding alot of single track lately but the waiting SUCKED A$$.The big section of rocks was cool to unless some was stopped in front of you.I made it through clean 2-3 times the first time 2 guys stopped right in front of me could not keep any momentum.

Yeah bottlenecks are always the worst part of any race, and it seems that almost every race has one. Getting a good start is very important but even when they run the usual format with the B women and C sportsman classes in front of the Vets you still get caught in them. Most times you just have to get aggresive and push your way through them or look for a possible way around, I believe you are allowed 50' on either side of the designated trail to pass.

Anyway I don't know what happened with the scoring of the race, but yesterday I was listed as first and today when I showed up, Dan and I checked and it looked like the results were still the same. Then when I went to pick up my trophy they had me down as second. I'm sure the scoring team did their best but something seemed screwy to me, I heard they changed the results three times. Oh well, next week is Honey Lake and I'll be looking to put in a solid ride up there.

Are you guys able to access the d36 website, or timekeepers website for that matter? They have both been down for me all weekend...anybody else having the same problems? Also, anybody know which (if any) photo company was out there on saturday?