Sign in to follow this  

'06 525 engine miss??

I've got 9 hours up on my bike about 500k's. Its has been run in sweet and had its first service. I was doing a small ride today when I noticed the engine started to miss a bit at about 80k's through to 110 k's. Open the throttle and it had loads of smooth acceleration, but when you held the throttle in a set spot it was like there was a semi-blocked jet giving a bit of a miss. Spark plug is fine, drained the bowl and changed fuel. I also thought about the fuel cap vent so I released the cap while riding but it made no difference. The mixture was richened up a bit at its service the other day. Ultimately Iwill be taking it back for a check up this week but has anyone got any ideas???

did it do it before you had it serviced?

does sound like jetting

id take it back to the shop

raven, turned out to be a bit of crap i picked up somewhere. cleaned the jets and drained the fuel...problem solved, however just had to get my right hand side fork seal replaced after 450 k's, which my local dealer did for free. One of them things I guess. Hows your machine going? Done many miles on her yet? I just put on the 14/48 sprockets and although it now propels like a McLaren F1 I think somewhere betwen the stock 15/45and 14/48 is best for me as I also like to take the pumpkin to the shops for a bottle of milk. Good riding to you bro.