Sign in to follow this  

Thanks for the ride

My buddy Pete (YZ450) and I (CR250) had a great time yesterday up at Taneum. Old Man Time, CarlG (KTMTalk), Little Jeff, Old Bones and wife, LadyCRF250x and sister, Russ and few others showed us a great ride. I think we did ~40 miles in sunshine, snow, sleet, etc.

What I learned from this ride:

- Enduro jacket is a MUST

- Warm gloves are a must (not too lefties!)

- I'll be buying a GPS before my next ride

Thanks to CarlG for letting me ride his '04 300exc. Maybe a 450 isn't the way to go. The 300 kicks ass!

Old Man Time took some pics. Kook forward to seeing those.

Thanks also to Little Jeff and Russ for taking the lost rider back to Cle Elum.

Matt Van Bogart

Renton

I like MSR cold pro's for winter riding. Almost completely water proof, warm and as thick as they are they don't feel bulky, more comfortable for the hands compared to regular MX gloves, just wish I could wear them all year.

grip heaters keep my hands warm, but those aren't possible unless you have a 4 stroke with a beefy charging system. I use big snow-mobile style gloves from Moose, they work well.

I have grip heaters on my KX500. If your 2 stroke has lights you can install grip heaters.

I brought my ski gloves in my backpack but guess what, I had two identical pairs and grabbed two left hands without checking until I wanted to put them on. Bummer:banghead: Next time I'll bring both pairs and share with someone who has cold hands. :banghead:

Just want to give a shout out to everyone that was at Taneum creek on Sat. Thanks for your patience and camaraderie. Ride was a blast, eventhough I ended up with one less fender :banghead:

Did you guys get any snow yesterday? It was snowing at the west end of the Manastash today, I think the elevation is 5000'.