Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse z-clutch with brake kit review

I just installed it and took it to the track.

The brake takes some getting used to but the Z does everything they say. It feathers the clutch in the turns precisely. If you are in too high of a gear, it corrects it for you by clutching perfectly. I fell pretty hard once and lost my grip on the bars. The bike kept running, I picked it up, got on and took off without missing a beat (it was still in gear). Right hand turns are awesome. Break slide with the left and lever and get on the gas. Too high of a gear coming out of a turn to a jump? No problem. You need to brake off of a jump? No need to grab the clutch, just tap your foot brake.

Great job Rekluse! I know I improved my lap times the first day.

cool, I was thinking about doing the rekulse but not the brake thing.

how cool is the brake really?

I have 1 on a cr250 works great, but if your doing mx starts it doesn't work that well, you can't get the rpm up enough to dump the clutch on starts even with the adj perch :banghead:

cool, I was thinking about doing the rekulse but not the brake thing.

how cool is the brake really?

Think about it. With the dual lever kit (misleading. It means that you get to use foot and left lever), you have your rear brake right there at your left hand. I can't tell you how many times going into a right hand turn I was slowed down a bit by having to break with my foot. I did try to use my clutch a few times to find a little suprise :banghead: , but I've gotten used to it after one day's ride.

Do you think it would work well with a 2-smoke? :banghead:

I think it would be even better with a two stroke, but I don't have any first hand knowledge. It comes with a perch adjuster so you can fine tune where you want it to hit. Dang, I sound like a salesman.

We use the Rekluse clutch, if you want to be aggressive on moto starts you'll need the override kit, it works great.

You're right about that. I thought I was getting the over-ride when I bought the "dual lever kit". I'm going to see about getting it.

I too have just installed the rekluse clutch and brake kit with clutch override on my 450x. First ride with the set-up was this weekend and i loved it. Yeah it takes a little while to get use to the fact that the clutch lever is now a brake lever. I really liked that I could fly into corners braking with both hand levers and never having to take my foot off the pegs. I still need to do some adjusting with the rear brake lever and clutch but after one ride I know I will never go back to a manual clutch set-up. This set-up rocks and was worth every penny.......

What are you 450X guys doing with the hot start? I have the rekluse clutch and just ordered the brake kit. I would like to keep the hot start on the left side so I can use the hot start with the e-start while racing.

I noticed the rekluse clutch perch is split up and down like the AVS levers, does the AVS lower clamp (with the hot start lever) fit on this perch? Anyone have both these items and can try it out?

Thanks

Chuck

What are you 450X guys doing with the hot start? I have the rekluse clutch and just ordered the brake kit. I would like to keep the hot start on the left side so I can use the hot start with the e-start while racing.

Take a look at www.hotstartsystem.com for a electro-mechanical hot start.

I have seen it on the Husqvarna forum.