Sign in to follow this  

western washington: how many off road races a month?

how many off road races (enduro, hare scramble, point to point) can a guy average a month living in western washington?

assuming he's willing to do one trip a month to oregon, BC, and northern idaho...

...but what about the other two to three weekends in a month??? is there steady off road racing in central and eastern washington?

thanks scott that's exactly what i was looking for.

so i take it the off road racing up there is not AMA-sanctioned...?

out of curiousy, have you done the nma harescrambles that look to be relatively frequent around western washington?

if so what are they like? are they "glorified MX" races or does the promoter have trails, grass, dirt roads, and general chop to work into the courses?

Trails... check

Grass track ... uh huh. Some Funky Grass track

Mud... This is the Great North Wet.

Roads... Last years 24hr had a 80Mph+ back section

Where'd the trail go?

IMG_0044.jpg

The 'Soggy Chicken'

IMG_4216.jpg

Special test section

IMG_3808.jpg

thanks scott that's exactly what i was looking for.

so i take it the off road racing up there is not AMA-sanctioned...?

out of curiousy, have you done the nma harescrambles that look to be relatively frequent around western washington?

if so what are they like? are they "glorified MX" races or does the promoter have trails, grass, dirt roads, and general chop to work into the courses?

Check out our White Knuckle GP next month, Nov 12th & 13th at Pacific Raceways in Auburn. :banghead: While most of our events do not incorporate MX tracks, this one does but............. it also incorporates some clear cut , woods course, grass track, the road race course and the drag strip! In all it's about a 7 mile course. NMA points event, two day event. We do it again in February for the Frost Bite GP.

Here are pics from last year - http://trav.smugmug.com/gallery/285952

Link to this year's flyer is on our website - http://www.stumpjumpers.org/

Our Dessert 100 is a must! Don't miss it, April 2006.

There are about 11-12 NMA harescrambles a year. These incorporate a MX track, tight woods, grass tracks and one even has some knarly trails! They are great fun and I highly recommend them.

There are usually 5 NMA enduros a year and these are all single track with a tiny bit of fire road. The short course is usually about 50 miles and the long course is about 100 miles. Another great series.

In sum, there are several events that you can participate in each year. Plus you can ride year round in Western Washington if you are willing to brave the mud and rain.

thanks for all the great information.

i'm thinking about coming up for the desert 100, spend the week before house hunting with the wife and then heading over to the dry side to do the race.

how is pitting handled? is it a point to point or are there loops that return to the start?

Hare scrambles are a loop generally under ten miles long. Enduro is one big loop, but there are gas checks along the way!

thanks leaky pipe. however, that question was actually in regard to the desert 100.... is it a point to point? or two or three loops that feed back into the staging area?

if it's a point to point, how to out of towners/non club members arange for fuel locations?

Hey SecretAtlas!

The Dez100 is a loop course. Usually about 40-45 per. The bomb run is right in front of the pit area, and the spectators get to see that, the pit stop and the end.

You will enjoy it, but your 650R is not the bike of choice. It is a pretty technical course, with LOTS of rocks. Light and small is the way to go.

thanks for all the great information.

i'm thinking about coming up for the desert 100, spend the week before house hunting with the wife and then heading over to the dry side to do the race.

how is pitting handled? is it a point to point or are there loops that return to the start?

At the Dessert 100 you will want to have a 50 mile range at Dessert Race pace, the pits will be found at the end of your first 50 mile loop. The race consists of two 50 mile loops.

Here is a links to pics from last years race. - http://trav.smugmug.com/gallery/477938

Yes that water crossing will be there in 06'........ hopefully a little deeper, last winter was pretty dry :banghead:

Hope to see ya there!

Hey SecretAtlas!

The Dez100 is a loop course. Usually about 40-45 per. The bomb run is right in front of the pit area, and the spectators get to see that, the pit stop and the end.

You will enjoy it, but your 650R is not the bike of choice. It is a pretty technical course, with LOTS of rocks. Light and small is the way to go.

is that you wetsnatchee boy?

no 650? seriously? is it tighter than a national hare & hound?

what bike does street use to OA the race? a 525 or a 450?

i swore my 450x would never see a desert race and i'm sticking to it. lol.

At the Dessert 100 you will want to have a 50 mile range at Dessert Race pace, the pits will be found at the end of your first 50 mile loop. The race consists of two 50 mile loops.

Here is a links to pics from last years race. - http://trav.smugmug.com/gallery/477938

Yes that water crossing will be there in 06'........ hopefully a little deeper, last winter was pretty dry :banghead:

Hope to see ya there!

very cool. thanks for the additional information.

do you guys have the 2006 date set? about when do you put a flier out?

thanks.

is that you wetsnatchee boy?

no 650? seriously? is it tighter than a national hare & hound?

what bike does street use to OA the race? a 525 or a 450?

i swore my 450x would never see a desert race and i'm sticking to it. lol.

Yep. 'Tis me, but now I am BoiseBoy. Picked up my bags and left town a couple of months ago.

Jonah is not riding on a Honda any longer. I think he won the race last year on a EXC450.

I think Paul Ostbo was the first big bike (non 2 smoke or 450) at 13th.

Year before, Ben Hale won on a KX250.

Where the course is being ran now is quite different than in the past. It is now on a working cattle ranch, and most of the trails are cow paths, not flowing trails. It is tighter than most "desert" courses. But, where it does open up, you can REALLY get some speed going.

You can definatley make good use of a 650 out there, but there REALLY is a lot of slow stuff, and that place is growing A LOT of rocks.

I'll be there next year, no doubt.

...not flowing trails... It is tighter than most "desert" courses... but there REALLY is a lot of slow stuff, and that place is growing A LOT of rocks

next year we are installing slimy roots imported from reiter.

damn 509'ers

:banghead::banghead:🤣

thanks.

I THINK it's the weekend after Easter but not 100% sure. The race comittee is working on the flier now. Check back on Thursday, I'll post the definite date then.

Romchee is right, it's a better 450 or 250 2 smoker race. I think Guy Peret won his class and 2nd OA in 2003 on a CRF450 as well.

We are always working on land expansion and we have been toying with the idea of having a start through the streets of Odessa in 2007 :banghead: We just need to figure out the logistics of it and gain approval from all parties involved. The town of Odessa loves us and we love them so who knows, it may very well happen :banghead:

We are always working on land expansion and we have been toying with the idea of having a start through the streets of Odessa in 2007 :banghead: We just need to figure out the logistics of it and gain approval from all parties involved. The town of Odessa loves us and we love them so who knows, it may very well happen :banghead:

That would be badass!!!

thanks.

Dates for the 2006 Dessert 100 -

April 8th - Poker Runs

April 9th - Dessert 100

Flyers and race info will be coming, Thunderchicken you can PM me if you want to get on the mailing list.

See ya there :banghead: