Sign in to follow this  

What's the best way to clean white side panels

Hi,

Instead of trying every different cleaning produce in the cupboard, I wondered if anyone had got any good tips for cleaning up my white side panels.

Cheers

Billy.

That's a good question. I am thinking about trying Black Krylon Fusion spray paint. :banghead: I went riding with a couple guys this weekend and they had Black and Blues and they looked pretty good.

Mr.Clean Magic eraser or Bleach-white will clean pretty much everything and then before you ride spray silicone / armorall / or WD-40 on your panels and it will help keep the mud and debris from sticking and will bring back the new panel shine .

Do not use bleeche white, it will ruin anodized parts or aluminum parts, very acidic. MR clean magic eraser is amazing...but it will also dull the panels if they arent already.

A buddy of mine uses Liquid Tide on his bike(no bleech I think?)..... Anyways his bike comes out like new always. Tires end up like new too. Its sweet.

comet.it gets out the stain from your boots.every cleaner i tried scuffed or dulled the surface.i found that buy using a plastic polish it keeped the shine up.

not sure if it's available in the states but i have found "spray nine" to be the best cleaner for getting white side panels clean , works wonders at cleaning spider crap off vinyl siding as well . just spray it on let soak a few minutes and power wash off , works great :banghead:

When I had my white XR I used Mr Clean Magic eraser - worked great but left the plastic kinda dull. I now use Maxima MC1 (a silicon detailer) on the plastic it also works great on all colors of plastic and leaves it nice and shiny. :banghead: If you look in the Septmeber Dirt Rider (page 173) there's a nice article on washing your bike and features a factory Suzuki mechanic using the SC1 on Tortelli's RMZ.

I painted an old chest protector that was pink (hey it about 18 yrs old - from the 80's) with Krylon Fusion and the paint covered it well but is easily scratched off exposing the pink underneath. IMO it scratches too easily to use on side panels.

I was messing around with Armor-All all purpose cleaner and found it will take off every mark on my side panels.

It will even take black marks off of whitewater rafts. Good stuff and cheap, a large bottle (16oz?) only costs $3.50.

I use greased lightening in the purple bottle and it gets the dirt out of the scratches, I should clean it more often.

Hi,

Instead of trying every different cleaning produce in the cupboard, I wondered if anyone had got any good tips for cleaning up my white side panels.

Cheers

Billy.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

I use this on everything on the bike. It's kinda like simple green....but BETTER. I used it on my white # plates and what a difference. Let it soak a few min and wipe it off. Or I'll even use a big horse hair brush to get in the scratches real good.

Its the best thing I found for white boots too!!!!

http://www.greatcleaners.com/ogi_retail/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=ogi&product%5Fid=05219