Sign in to follow this  

SM CV carb question

The diaphram on the side of the stock carb as I understand it is a decel enrichment, how does it function,does it block or restrict the pilot air circuit on decel or does it supply fuel directly ? secondly is it a necessary item or just to make the stock all too lean circuit better ? when jetting the carb for performance instead of emmisions do we need this system,if not what is the easiest way to disable it?

Mike Bruns

no need to disable it on the cv carb.

under heavy vacuum form decel the valve closes off a portion of the air supply to the pilot circuit.

Thats what I figured looking at the passages,it basicly reduces the air corrector jet size to richen it up, I have a FCR 39 from a YFZ450 (quad) that has the same circuit,what is the easiest way to disable it ?

Mike Bruns

Sorry, 2005 FCR39 from a YFZ450 (quad) it has the same circuit for decel, where the MX bike doesnt have the carb machined for it. just wondering how to disable it

Mike Bruns

basically the only way to disable it is to do it in the "air cut" position.the easiest way is to put the spring on the other side of the diaphram.

at that point the pilot circuit will be rich.you will need to use smaller pilot jets or bigger pilot air jets.