Sign in to follow this  

difference in valving for a 210 lb rider and 140 lb rider?

I've had my used 250f for a while now and am getting pretty good on the track now, but I think my suspension is holding me back. The guy I bought my bike from had it re-valved for a beginner 210 lb track rider and it has like .48 fork springs and a .52 shock spring if I remember correctly. So obviously, these are not the shock and spring for me and I am going to buy some fork and shock springs that suit my weight. However, I'm wondering if my suspension will act funky since it's valved for a 210 lb rider and I'll have springs in it for a 140 pound rider. Or, the other way I was thinking, is that when you send it in to revalve, they revalve either for a beginner, intermediate, or expert rider, and then they put springs in for your weight. I'm not sure if they do anything with the valving for a 210 lb rider versus a 140 lb rider. Maybe it's all just "valved for beginner" and then they put different springs in? :banghead:

i dont know the answer for the compression valving, but i would love to know to0.

but for the rebound valving if the bike was valved for springs that much heavier than standard, they would need to increase the dampening power to slow the springs extension. but with your clicker turned out maybe there is still enough adjustment to compensate.

so rebound definatly different, compression i cant answer that.

im pretty sure they valve it for a style of riding be it track or trail. and also your weight. not exactly sure but im sure someone with more knowledge than me on suspension will correct me if im wrong

so I guess I'll have to send it to moto-pro to revalve again

I would just put the right springs in first and see how they feel. Chances are you will be ok.

doc