Sign in to follow this  

2002 TE570, Too much bike for me, What's it worth?

Hello everyone, I'm new around here, and after surfing the forums I decided to buy a TE570 Yesterday.

Well I regret my decision, it's too much bike for me. I weigh 155lbs, and am only 5'10". I'm more of a novice dune "hopper" than a pro Dune "jumper" so I've decided after 1 day of riding to put it up for sale.

This bike is Mint, there isn't even any boot wear on the frame! plastics aren't scratched and it looks new.

What do you guys think I should ask?

recvehicles.59252.1.jpg

recvehicles.59252.2.jpg

recvehicles.59252.3.jpg

I bought it for a great deal, and wouldn't mind making a little to help go toward my new bike. 2003+ CRF450R.

Thanks!

Richie

BTW thanks everyone who did write ups on this board about starting these bikes! I would have been lost.

Right radiator shroud looks tweaked like the radiator might be bent.Did you go up a size on the pilot,and main jet-lot easier to start that way,also if you put an aftermarket exhaust on it you get about 10% increase in power.Used bikes aren't bringing much-any brand bike-I have talked to some dealers who have told me this.-Everybody wants new! Rich

Don't know what going market price is for your bike, but I just bought a 2001 TE 570 for $1900.

Well I had a 2000 TE 610 and I think my 2003 YZ450F was more of a handful when both were stock? The Husky was a very easy to ride big bore with very mellow power in stock trim.

If you think the 570 (basically same as 610) is a handful, I'd get a 250F not a 450.

Goodluck, it will be hard to sell I bet, mine was.

The bike wasn't too much power for me... Too tall, Too heavy... I'm used to a CR250. I ride my buddies CRF450R all day no problems. I think the rake on these is too tight, it feels unstable in sand. I'd imagine if I weighed more or could touch the ground easier I wouldn't have as big of a problem. Shouldn't have ventured out and bought this bike. :banghead: Thanks for the replies however.

Just want to know why you bought the 570 in the first place? Was it because the are awesome enduro weapons and come with all sorts of goodies standard? Did you not research the bike before buying it? ie how much it weighs, seat height etc. Anyway mate go buy your Redriceburner and have fun playing in the sand. If you were in Australia I would have bought the bike of you in a second! Have a TE400 01 and it's absolutely KICK ARSE! as gitch will tell ya the 570 is weapon and even a bigger weapon if you know how to ride! It not just what you ride mate it's how you ride!

I'm used to a CR250.

You just have tochange way you ride it, get used to it... then you get a lot of fun! :banghead:

Too tight rake? Not a comment you hear about single cam Huskys much. They tightened the rake on '01 TE's a bit, but a very stable bike. Trail Rider called it aircraft carrier in duck pond stable. I ride an '01 TE400 and an '00 Husky WR250 2 stroke and the TE's have a front end weight bias compared to 2 stroke and Jap 4 stroke MX bikes. You need to stay on the power and lean back more in the sand for the Husky to work well. I've ridden mine in South Jersey deep sugar sand, you just cant sit on the gas cap in those conditions. Even though you didn't mention it, if your tipping it over and don't know the 4 stroke drill and it's not jetted well, you are probably having a bitch to start it :banghead:. Take the time to dial it in, Gitch and his dad are 570 guys who can advise you. What's it worth? Less than you paid for it since you have put more time on it. I had my TE lowered 1.5" and that helps me in the tight stuff. I would stick with it for now, don't give in to peer pressure and you'll find it's a great bike.

Norman

P.S. When your friends with Jap 4 strokes are rebuilding engines you'll be riding, the thing is as simple and reliable as a stove bolt.