Sign in to follow this  

pitster question

on my 05 pitster 125 the clutch cable has been givin me some troubles. i have it adjusted as much as i can and i still have slack in the cable, there is starting to be more and more slack and now the clutch doesnt always fully engage, just wondering what you guys think. Do i need to go buy new cable or is their something else.

yeah i adjusted it on both places, on the lever and changes the nuts around down by the tranny, i did put a different clutch perch and lever on but i dont think that the problem with the slack

yeah i adjusted it on both places, on the lever and changes the nuts around down by the tranny, i did put a different clutch perch and lever on but i dont think that the problem with the slack

Did you have the slack w/ the old perch and lever?

the nuts that are on the cable, i have them all the way forward pulling the slack from the lever, if i explain it right anyway, with my old lever i broke it soon after i got it and it wasnt quite right when i got it but it has just got worse sense ive rode it more

Its hard to say without looking at it in person. Have you checked to see if the actualtor arm is bent or anything strange with the cable routing etc...

I'll talk Vince at Tbolt and see if he has had any issues like this. I would imagine it is a matter of adjusting it right. But either way we'll figure something out for you. Give myself or Vince at Tbolt a call tomarrow.

Thanks

Gary

866-686-7869

ill check every thing over, and see what it looks like, and ill probably call later tomorrow afternoon

it sounds like the cable is un-winding inside the housing , my cr250 did that over and over (barnett clutch ) .

get a new cable and keep it lubed and adjusted and your off.

now get out and ride.