Sign in to follow this  

Newbie needs help, please

I am interested in purchasing a TE610E. I am looking for a street legal Super motard style bike for around town and to play on. I have a "woods bike" and a "track bike".

I am more interested in a bike to play around town on, back roads, twisties, etc.

I have read the seat lacks a little, but all in all is everyone happy with their Husky?

I plan to change the tires use this bike as 85% road bike.

Thank you for your help!

Are you looking at '00-'04 or an '06? I have an '03 and it makes a great street bike. The '06 is better in every way. Seats are subjective... my dealer had an '00 for his personal bike and now has an '06 for a demo. The seat on the '06 seems narrower and thinner than '00-'04, but he says after 120+ mile rides it is comfortable. I'd go for it.

Norman

yeah see the bike in person, some have said it's the sitting position not so much the seat, but I thought the seat was ok when I climbed on it at MotoXotica. It is a thicker seat then the TE model and I liked MY TE seat.....but those that have one know best.

Going to look at an 06 at a dealer this week. He has quoted 6700.00. Does that seem like a fair price?

I've got almost 15000km's on mine and the seat is nice :banghead: when it was new it was a little hard butt (punn :banghead: ) it became soft fairly quick! Or I got used to it.

Going to look at an 06 at a dealer this week. He has quoted 6700.00. Does that seem like a fair price?

More than fair--that seems cheap.

A new CRF450X Honda costs more than that...