Sign in to follow this  

Just another newbie with more FCR conversion questions ..

I'm trying to order all the 400E parts to install the FCR carb (from a '98 YZ400) from the TT store but can't find any of them listed . Has anyone been able to purchase them through TT store? At this time , I believe I have all the part #'s for the conversion but could use some clarification on the carb parts neccesary..... I plan on purchasing the JD jet kit and the TY adjustable mixture screw but I am not certain what I need beyond that. I believe that I need a 38 pilot , a 70 pilot air jet (?) , and main jets 155/158/160. does this sound about right. I did see mention of an adjustable pilot air jet ...Is that something I should purchase ? I will be using the 3x3 mod but otherwise the bike is currently stock. Thanks

I plan on purchasing the JD jet kit and the TY adjustable mixture screw but I am not certain what I need beyond that. I believe that I need a 38 pilot , a 70 pilot air jet (?) , and main jets 155/158/160. does this sound about right.----Yes

I did see mention of an adjustable pilot air jet ...Is that something I should purchase ?-----That is an option to the 70 pilot air jet. A 70 jet is obviously just a 70 jet. The screw will let you fine tune the 70 air from about 50 to 150 without changing any parts. I use a 70 jet but many prefer to use the adjustable screw.

Yeah, I think there are a few of us (New DRZ SM, S or E) owners that are looking for a FCR. No matter how much searching you do it seems every day you find a different option to go with or to confuse you a bit more. The one thing that it looks like for sure is it needs to be a 39mm FCR……after that there are several opinions.

I plan on going with http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sparks-racing-39mm-FCR-Carberator-Z400-KFX400-KFX-LT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43979QQitemZ4578766472QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting with 140 main jet, needle 3rd clip, 38 pilot jet, 2 turns fuel screw (Full Yosh and 3x3). At least as a starting point, from there I will take it to get tuned on dyno if needed. I’ll post back with an update once I get it going.

140 main jet is far to lean for sea level.3rd clip with what needle?

38 pilot jet with what pilot air jet?

LOL you see what I mean about the confusion. I have about three pages of notes that I have copied to word while researching the correct oprions for the carb. This is what was recomended to me when calling for info on the carb:

Main jet, 160- Needle position 4th (dyno jet)- Pilot jet, stock- Fuel screw 2- 21/2