Sign in to follow this  

Asking too much??

It's worth $1000 - $1200 easy. If you get it, do youself a favor and get a CDI ignition for it. The CDI and coil will fit perfect under the tank. If he lived near me, I would have bought it yesterday. Let us know if you get it.

picked it up yesterday. runs great, a little hesitation full throttle of idle. main down tube in front of motor is bent a little and so is the front rim, oh well. what can be done to improve suspension? power? i looked and it already has a CDI under the tank (i see a coil and condesner looking device - must be a CDI right?)

another concern is the rear sprocket. it's not bolted to the hub but uses a big circlip and studs to attach the sprocket. there is a lot of play (side to side and rotational. any ideas?

old school mini xr's rock, need a 75 now though.

It has points. If I remember correctly I think the XL's use a different crank, so a CDI won't work. The crank has a different pitch, so the CDI flywheel won't fit. Not without a crank swap. Also, do yourself a BIG favor, take the side panels off and put them away. Replace them with whatever you can find cheap. Those panels are worth about $150 each (if the are as clean as they look in the picture). Also, if it has a "Off, Run, Off" switch that is in cherry condition, take that off too, it's worth about $50 - $75. Great Buy!! :banghead::banghead: