Sign in to follow this  

Oil Window on VOR 530sm

Looked at the oil window on my bike on the weekend and it showed no oil in the window, however when i drained the oil it showed 1.25ltrs? When I refilled the oil with exactly 1.25ltrs it still didn't register in the window? Is there any reason for this and how will I be able to tell if i am running low if there is no way to check?

Oh and I checked the manual 1.25ltrs is the oil capacity.

be carefull are there 2 different windows on the VOR engine

1st the one on the cylinder is an inspection window (no oil there)

2nd the one below with the red bullet in the middle it's used for oil level.

1999-2001 on the NO e-start engine the oil level should be checked when the bike is on the side standing (around 800 cc)

2002-2005 e-start engine the oil level should be checked not on the standing (around 1200 cc).

Ciao, Alessandro.

I am using the bottom sight glass. Should the engine be runnign when I check the level?

not running, but warm. It's a clear oil? I'm used with springoil that's brown and it's clearly visible on the window...

How much oil does it take to show in the window? Will oil show if you lean it to the side? Remember, it is the level that is critical, not the volume. If the window won't fill for some reason then fill to the top of the crank shaft (not the nut, just the shaft) as viewed from the fill hole.

estart yes.

yes it is. I am sure when I got it the oil did show in the sight glass and thats what concerns me.

Remove filler shine light through window. Oil leve shoud be half way up the nut on the gear directly inside as recommended to me by the local dealer. I found the oil level drops with use but you'll pull out exactly what you put in .